Chapter 24- Was I There?

"Annika?" I asked, staring at the girl.

Her face was blank, no sign of emotion that she even heard what I was saying.

She got up quickly, attacking Bucky once again.

She pulled a knife out of her pocket, and he grabbed her waist, throwing her into a window.

She broke through, falling in the other room.

"It's not her kid, we need to get her down," Bucky said quickly, picking up his gun again.

"You can't shoot her!" I yelled, shooting a web at Annika's hand which was still against the ground.

"I'm not going to kill her," he said quickly, and she cut through the web, jumping back out again.

There was no anger on her face even, she had no emotions.

"Annika, you know us," I said, shooting three webs to trap her against a wall.

"солдат," (Soldier) Bucky said a word in Russian, and she turned to look at him, pausing for a moment.

"I found Nat!" Tony said through the comms.

"She needs help, west wing," he said, before disconnecting.

"We can't leave her," I said, staring at Annika who was trapped against the wall.

"We have to. We'll be back," he said, lifting his gun, and aiming at her leg.

The shot went off before I could stop him, as the blood started to pour.

"It won't kill her, it will just slow her. Now come on, we have to go," Bucky said quickly, pulling me along.

I glanced at her one last time before turning the corner, following him.

It didn't take us long to find Miss. Romanoff, almost overcome by other Widows.

They surrounded her, we could barely see where she was even.

Tony was picking them up, pulling them off her one by one.

"Barnes, they aren't in control," Natasha yelled out after spotting us.

"Not in control?" I yelled at Bucky, shooting webs to trap the Widows.

"Science can wait!" He yelled back, continuing to fight.

I could see the strain from him fighting his training, trying to not kill these girls.

The Widows broke through my webs, not wasting any time in continuing to attack Natasha.

Something about them was focused on just her, fighting us enough to keep us away, but almost lazily.

While fighting, I ended up having my back to the door, which ended up being a very bad idea.

Someone jumped onto my shoulders, using their legs to choke me.

I recognized the strength and skill easily enough, even though I couldn't see her face.

"Annika, Annika," I managed, breathing being a struggle.

There was no word, no change in her as this happened.

"I'm sorry," I muttered, before throwing her hard off of me.

She hit the floor hard, her shoulder taking most of the impact.

She jumped back up, bleeding in multiple places, but it did not seem to effect her.

She almost seemed inhuman.

As she was coming for me once again, Bucky hit her hard with his metal arm, knocking her out.

"Trust me kid, she'll be fine. Keep trying to get to Nat!" He said, going back to fighting the Widows.