Chapter Twenty-Two | Skates On

- Tamara Myers -

I set the straightener down onto the dresser and spray my hair for any fly-aways. You may find me a bit weird, but I prefer wearing my clothes after I've done my hair and makeup.

You'd be surprised with how uncommon it is.

Walking over to my wardrobe I pick out a royal blue jersey for the team. It has the number 18 on it because it's my lucky number.

Not for any other reason...

Clasping my bracelet onto my wrist and wearing my gold rings, I grab my bag and walk out the door.

A little glammed up but it's my first game. Plus, hopefully you know me well enough to know I don't do anything half heartedly. Apart from actually playing sports.

******

Locking my car up, I toss my keys into my bag and look at the queue and damn it's long. I knew that ice hockey was a big thing here, but seriously.

Jasmine towards the front of the line, sees me and waves me over. God knows the amount of trouble this would reek back home but I cut the line towards the front to where Jasmine is.

Sorry not sorry.

"Hey girl, you look great! You got the tickets?" She asks. Enzo got Jasmine a ticket but sent it to me so they wouldn't get 'lost in the cloud' like they did the first time, as Jasmine calls it.

"I've got them right here." I show her my phone at walk up to show the inspector our tickets. He scans them and we walk into the ice rink and get to our seats. When we make ourselves comfortable I turn to her, "Do you want any snacks? I'm heading over to the vending machine."

She shakes her head, "no, I've got a bottle of water." I nod and walk out of the stands towards the changing rooms.

I peer through the window of the door: All the players are sat on the benches just making conversation and their coach walks off towards the ice rink. Enzo sees me through the mirror and gives me a big wave and a huge smile. I return it as he taps Kai on the shoulder, when he sees me, he sets his helmet down on bench and walks over to the door.

"Hey, you made it." He says and gives me a hug.

"Of course I did, you better not let me down Wesley. You now have a reputation to upkeep." I laugh. He slowly looks at me up and down and his smile widens.

"Any reason why we're matching numbers?" He noticed!

"It happens to be my lucky number." I counter, brushing my shirt flat.

"It happens to be mine too. Oh," he lifts his arm and shows his bracelet, "and my new lucky bracelet too."

"Good. Break a leg? I don't really know what to say in these situations." I shrug.

He grins with a solemn nod, "You're right. You're terrible at this, Myers."

I roll my eyes, and he turns to leave, before he goes back inside, I stop him and press a kiss on his cheek. "Good luck loser."

He stands there for a moment and winks at me before going back to the team. I grab a snack from the vending machine and sit back with Jasmine.

"You took a while, what held you up?" She asks, once I toss her a crisp packet.

"Just wishing them some luck." I reply.

Jasmine nods and ties her hair up into a ponytail, "oh look! They're coming out now... Best part of my day, I'm telling ya."

I look to see what she's talking about and the boys skate onto the ice, everyone begins to cheer. Jasmine being the loudest and she shouts Enzo's name. He makes eye contact with her and gives her a wink.