three

CHAPTER THREETW: mentions a suicide attempt

CHAPTER THREE
TW: mentions a suicide attempt.

       𝘐𝘔 𝘕𝘖𝘛 𝘌𝘟𝘈𝘊𝘛𝘓𝘠 𝘚𝘜𝘙𝘌 how I got myself in this position but Habiba, Sage, and I are now sitting in a small circle playing Uno. Habiba did most of the speaking and I would answer. Sage didn't really say anything unless Habiba made her.

She's obviously not my biggest fan which I'm not sure why. If anything I should be the one that's mad after getting told to "watch where you're going" after apologizing multiple times. But now and then I'd turn to her and she'd be buried in her cards. Not once has she looked up.

"So, Cory how come we've never seen you around here before," Habiba asks placing down a yellow 4.

"I don't live around here," I say as I place down a blue 4 and change the color. Sage places down a blue 1 and it's back to Habiba.

"Oh where are you from?" she asks out of curiosity, reaching her hand up to fix her septum. And drawing a card before looking back up at me.

"I'm from Manhattan," I say. And as soon as I do the room feels heavier. Habiba looks at me curiously and sage... chuckles.

What the fuck is so fucking funny?

"So what? you just came to get a tour of the ghetto?" Sage speaks... for the first time tonight. I look at her with a blank expression not sure what to say. I'm shocked, I'm not sure if it's because of how hot the sound of her voice is or if it's what she said.

Both.

"Sage!" Habiba says and looks back over at me.

I shake my head. "No i- I just have a friend who lives here and I came to visit him ." I watch as she slowly nods an apparent smirk on her face. But she didn't seem happy at all. Just judgmental. But why do I care?

"right..."

I turn my head to her once again and it looks could kill... she'd still be alive because I'm not that bold.

"just ignore her. Uhm... where's the friend, you went to visit?"

I place my card down, "he's at his home we kind of got into a fight and I left." I say remembering the argument and replaying the name over and over. We don't usually fight but we have been fighting a lot more because he thinks I'm not taking my life seriously.

He's just worried and I get it but there's no excuse for what he said.

"Sorry about that," Habiba says before placing a card down and saying.

"UNO!" As fast as she could. I smile at how happy she seems as she gets closer to victory in this very hostile game of uno.

"It's okay, we'll make up. We always do." I say trying to convince myself more than them. Though it wasn't a huge argument what he said had a big impact and I'm not sure I want to look at him anymore.