seven

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

       𝘐 𝘗𝘈𝘜𝘚𝘌 𝘈𝘚 𝘐 𝘚𝘌𝘌 𝘏𝘌𝘙 when I step out of the bathroom. I'm frozen in place, we both are. What the hell? I don't know what to do or how I found myself in another complicated situation with her but I immediately feel like a terrible person. I assume she knows Abel. Are they friends? What is she doing out this late? Is she okay?

I put my thoughts aside because all of those questions are replaced with how much I hate myself at the moment. I almost kiss a girl in her home, I hurt her feelings, she feeds me and then I fuck someone else. A guy at that.

"Sage?" Her eyes are watery and it breaks my heart. The look on her face is indescribable. Like she wants to say something but doesn't have the words. Or maybe she's shocked or questioning herself. All of the above I'm guessing. She looks away trying to let go of the tears. I have no idea what to say.

"Yea-... It's me."

I stand holding the blanket around me and I feel like a whore. I can't believe I even did that with Abel. It didn't mean anything. I was just in a bad mood and needed a distraction. I want to tell her he didn't mean anything but I'm not sure it would help.

I feel bad, but then again why? She's not my girlfriend or someone I've known for a long time. She's just a girl I met.

She shakes her head and I think I hear a sob but I'm not sure the music is still a little loud. I tried turning it down but it wouldn't budge. Her hands rub together as she seems to be pressing.

I look anywhere but her face. I'm too ashamed. And on top of that, I'm led covered in bedsheets. I want to move but I can't. I feel like my feet are stuck in place just waiting for her to allow me to move.

"You guys know each other?" Abel looks from me to her. She nods a little. I do too. I have no idea what to say. I can feel my tears coming too. Why do I feel bad? I shouldn't. I shouldn't care, I shouldn't want her to forgive me. I shouldn't want something with her.

But I do, and I hate myself for it. She speaks again. But before she does she wipes her face, playing it off as if she had an itchy eye.

"I uhh met her that night after our fight." She motions towards me with her hand. "We don't really know each other." I sigh at her response. She doesn't seem to want to let him know about everything else and I respect that. I'm in no decision to object to anything.

I want to say something but nothing comes out. I'm stuck. She drops her hands to her side. "Sorry for interrupting this." She says waving her finger between Abel and me.