thirty-one

☆

To my love, Cory

Sitting here and writing these words to you hurt so much more than I could've ever imagined. You get prepared for so many things throughout your lifetime. Writing a goodbye letter to the love of your life is not one of them.

It sounds so weird calling you that because I've never said it out loud but if I don't get the chance to before it's too late I want you to know you're the -

"Good morning." I quickly close my journal and put it under my pillow where it can't be seen as Cory walks in through the front door of our villa.

I got home shortly after she did and we didn't speak. The air was thick the whole night and we tip-toed around one another. I hated it and I hate myself for not apologizing immediately. She didn't say anything because she was hurt. I didn't say anything because I was scared. Mainly scared she'd be too fed up to hear it and shut me down.

She seems too sweet to do something like that but when people are fed up they're fed up.

"Morning." She slides her slippers off and makes her way over to our bed. The space between us is larger than usual and it doesn't go unnoticed. I don't take my eyes off her, gulping at the thought of her hating me. That's something I can't have. Especially because I'll be dead soon.

"Where'd you go?" I look over at her to see her on her phone. She looks up for a split second. "I just took a walk." Her lips curve, Our eyes meet and I can there's something else. Something she wants to say but she doesn't.

The room falls silent once again. Both of us waited for the other to do or say something. I can't take it. I hate that there's a silence between us and I hate even more that I caused it.

The idea of telling her I'm sick sticks to my chest right then and there. I want to. I want to sooooo bad, but she's not stupid. I'm sure she knows or has at least a hunch. She just doesn't know how bad it is.

I stare at her wondering what she's thinking.

Is she still upset?

"Can we talk ab-" she puts her hand up and cuts me off.

"If nothing going to change after talking then no, I don't want to talk about. Honestly, I don't want to talk about anything with you. It's clear you're lying to me and I don't know why. So unless you're telling me the truth I don't want to hear it." I'm a bit taken aback by her words but I'm not surprised.

She has every right. She stares at me waiting for my answer. My mind races as I try to find anything that could help me right now. I don't want to lie to her anymore. I don't think I can.