Bookman's Heir's Resolve

a/N: As always, I want you to listen to the songs I attach to my stories! Please, I know that it's Bleach soundtrack opening! But still, I think it suits this chapter well.
...

Lavi still feels very stiff and confused in his emotions whenever he sees Allen walking inside the Order like he isn't someone who bears the problem of the world on his shoulders.

He still do not know the reason why he should be the one writing his story until Bookman noticed how unstable he is right now.

A war at sunset will come but Lavi can't still find his resolve. That will be a problem.

Upon knowing from Lenalee that Allen plans to destroy everything that gives humans supernatural powers to fight, by sacrificing his life in battle, Bookman unlocked the secret already why Allen chose Lavi. He doesn't know now how Lavi would carry that important task that only him could do.

Most of all, his real plans are still in secrecy.

Nea, eventhough they both share the same body can't even read Allen's thoughts about that matter.

Everyone knows that Allen lived in loneliness and danger due to the nature of the innocence he wields. Innocence.... For Allen, his innocence took his life slowly and drowned him to be in battle almost forever that the only way to escape it is to kill himself but, in the face of this world, will it even succeed?

Allen may have chosen that matter but he do not know if he can really end it. It's suicide after all but, he has to be destroyed before Nea takes him over to take his revenge. He knows that he is still a Noah. A vessel for Nea's soul until it awakens but before that happens, he will end it himself with his life.

He knew Timcanpy sacrificed itself and the new Timcanpy isn't the Timcanpy he knew when he was still struggling against Nea. He has the same memories but their personalities are all but different. He stopped walking at the left corridor of the Order near the room where he was interrogated before and faced Lavi.

Bookman stopped walking at the golden stairs to listen to their conversation at the path that connects the right and left corner of the corridor going to the main hall.

"Lavi," called Allen.

Lavi can't even stare at him at all.

"I know that my decision is harsh but, it's harder on me. If only I can wake up someday without those Akuma lurking around, I would have become different but, this is me. I have to accept it. There is no point of return," Allen told him.

"It's not what makes me distant on you... I want an answer to it but... I can't find any even in our journey. I tried to find it but it is just covered with smoke. Thank you for noticing how I act. Now I can ask you straight. You're more as Red Campbell and not the Allen Walker we know. Allen isn't someone... ALLEN ISN'T SOMEONE WHO WOULD JUST THROW HIS LIFE!!! Why... Why do you want to die, Red? Is that really just the way? Lenalee would be hurt terribly! Why choose me to write your story? I've involved my life too much on both of you! Lenalee cried when you left! Lenalee was depressed but still chose to live when we all thought you died in China!? Why me, Red? Please.... Why?" tears fell down his eyes.

Allen Walker smiled. "I don't know if I'll survive the war but if ever I survive, I'll just return back as the Allen you know and as my soul is mixed with a Noah, I may shrink again but, there is no other way, Lavi. I have to destroy both of us. The Heart needs to be destroyed by its wielder and not by an outside force."

Tyki also stopped to listen on to them after hearing that information from his room. "The Heart can't be destroyed by the Millenium Earl or any Noahs as it is the core of our powers unlike other Innocences. The Innocence and Noah are like the light and darkness and to end the war, the core has to be destroyed but my Innocence and I have its own goals and will. The Heart of Innocence seeks to stop the Earl from making more of his immoral invention by sucking up souls that needed supervision and hope. He destroys the future of those humans and eats them to use them as mere pawns in his endless war. I and my Innocence sees the same thing and seeks the same goal. We want to protect humanity and save all the souls that he forced to work under him."

He stopped for a while upon feeling Tyki's presence behind them.

Tyki smirked and asked him, "Sorry. Am I distracting your speech?"

He shook his head, "No. You should know about it, too. It's the reason why I survived. The innocence protected me from death that you tried to do to me before you decided to join us."

Tyki's eyes spread wide open. He was so surprised.

After that, he proceeded to answer Lavi's question why he chose him and not Bookman. Lavi looked at him now. It's obvious that he's trying to stop his tears from falling. He doesn't know if he'll be happy or not if Allen dies since if he dies, he'd get an opening to get closer to Lenalee without Supervisor Komui Lee from knowing. He loves Lenalee Lee as much as how Allen loves her and want to protect her. He looked away again until with only a few words that Allen had said to him, he looked again at him because of shock.

He asked again if he heard it right.

"You love Lenalee so much, Lavi. He better stay with you than me. We can't make a family. I will just hurt her heart repeatedly. Love her and protect her with your life, Lavi. Most of all, you know the reason already why I chose you. You're just trying to fight it off and not believe it," he told him.

Allen left a dumbfounded Lavi on the floor. He was surprised that Allen knew about his deep affection for Lenalee Lee and most of all, he actually can't accept Allen's reason why he was chosen.
....

Lenalee Lee looked at her own brother in front of him after bringing him coffee. Komui Lee seemed to be pushing his own limits after they were attacked by Akuma again and by a Noah that they defeated. Maashima did not die but he was only captured. He doesn't even know if that decision is even right to begin with but because he isn't an Innocence Wielder, he can't feel the pressure that most of them, were feeling right now.

A war will break out that might involve normal humans lingering and living but they also know that a new war is also beginning to come close in England soon.

Komui woke up and he stared at his sister, "You look troubled, Lenalee."

Lenalee almost let the cup loose on her hand and slip the contents on them but Komui caught her, for her to gain her balance again. "Lenalee, talk to me. What is happening? Don't lie, Lenalee."

Lenalee tried to hide by saying that she isn't troubled or even anxious with something but Komui had enough intuition that Lenalee is hiding something.

"Don't hide important information to me, Lenalee. Please, as your brother, tell me!"

"But... Archbishop Noel Murray told me that it can't be told by anyone except for his fellow Exorcists!"

Lenalee sighed, "They still don't trust me enough, then. I understand. I tried taking you away before until I decided to trap myself in this organization."

Suddenly, when she was about to answer because of her guilt, Leverier and Howard Link entered his room. Also, they seemed to have overheard them. "There's no need for you to explain, Miss Lee. Sunset is creeping already. Why won't you take your position outside to protect the Order?"

"Don't tell me...." her eyes were filled with fear but, it was also filled with bravery. She went outside the Order and she was surprised that a large number of Akuma were approaching the village where the New Building for the Order is located.
....

Adam can't stop the anger overflowing his body. He wanted badly to face Allen Walker and talk to him again. Sheril Kamelot and Maitora stood behind them while they drew closer to another war, a war that will be the axis of the fate of the world.
....

"What do you mean?" asked Komui Lee to Howard.

Pope Joseph came out behind Howard Link and Levelier. "Leave this room now, Komui Lee and lead all of the scientists at the underground tunnel safe and sound to reach a safe haven outside the Order if you don't want to be trapped at the last battle. Do you understand?" he told him.

Komui, of course, was surprised. "What about my sister?!"

"She'll fight to protect all of you. Even the Finders will fight in the Battle. Now, they're coming closer already! Save everyone you can save! The battle isn't like any battles you've seen before!" Pope Joseph said.
....

A/N: Hope you love this chapter! I love it so much! Just recently repeated Bleach and fell with it again! I'll read Naruto next!