Chapter 13

Hugo only started his official work on Monday, but he couldn't be half dead for it, so as his assistant, or well, what I thought of myself as, official F1 driver babysitter, I had to make sure he wouldn't be too hungover by the end of today.

Which is why at 8:30 I was awake and showered, putting on a pair of white sweats and black tank, and then putting my hair into a low bun before I went to our joint kitchen slash, lounge that was huge, with a mission in mind.

But unsurprisingly I found him there too, asleep on the couch, just like last night, except that now he didn't have a shirt on, just his jeans that hung really low on his hips, the top band of his Calvin Klein underwear visible, and it makes me look away immediately.

You'd think i'd get used to seeing him shirtless by now, but I am not because it feels like an invasion of privacy even thought he doesn't give a fuck. In my head he was still my boss, and in my eyes my boss should always have a shirt on when he was near me.

But this job was to be the personal assistant job to the male colossal mess in the United States, so of course i'd see some things an employee shouldn't see in terms of her boss, like a shirtless boss who was drunk and passed out on the couch. I mean it's definitely personal alright.

Thankfully everything is stocked from his personal chefs discretion, so I can make a cup of coffee for Hugo, and fill a cup with water before I check in the medicine cabinet for some medication, and when I find Tylenol I take it and put it on one of the trays for him.

I then take the tray over to the table beside the couch and plop it down there, not sure if I should wake him up now or what exactly, so I awkwardly hover for a moment in thought.

Why did he have to be such an idiot? A drunken idiot.

Eventually I realized I can't just stand here for hours on end so...

Fuck it.

I poke his surprisingly hard bicep repeatedly, hoping he'd wake up easily so I could go back to my room with my coffee and avoid him until tomorrow morning when we'd both have to let reality kick in and actually try to make this shit work.

Instead of being a ray of sunshine to have another day on this world and wake up with a smile, he pushes my hand away with his other hand, grumbling something incoherent in his sleep and I think part of me is grateful I hadn't heard whatever he said since he probably sent some sort of profanity or curse my way.

Oh well.

"Hugo." I hiss his name out, tugging on a stray piece of his bedhead hair and he shakes his head for me to pull my hand away, "What?" He grumbles into the couch cushion, hazel eyes still unseen by me.

"Heres a cup of coffee and Tylenol."

"Im hungry." He grumbles again, the cushion making his words harder to hear than necessary but I can vaguely make out the sentence.

I sigh softly to myself before I cross my arms over my chest and ask, "Kay, what do you want to eat?"

"Food."

My jaw ticks, this little smart mouthed dick.

Maybe I'll poison his food.

But then again if he is dead I don't have a job, so maybe i'll poison him just before I leave this job, just to boost my own happiness, but thats still a damned long time so...

He raises his head, eyes still closed, "Oatmeal and peanut butter, smooth peanut butter, and bananas, but sliced."

He's so specific. Like a damned child. I don't like him.