Chapter 37: Bizarre Love Triangle

Simon

The story of Liv and Ben together (again) took such a turn that even her parents got called to school. Yes, once the rumor broke out throughout the entire school, the principal called her parents to check in if they were aware of the situation.

Do you wanna guess if she had told her parents she was dating her abuser? Yeah, if she didn't have the courage to come clean to her best friend, who by all accounts is the least judgmental person I know, let alone her own parents.

Needless to say, it didn't go over well with the Pullmans. Though she's not my friend, her dad and mine are. Her dad is the under Delta, which is the second highest ranking warrior of our force. He acts as Delta when Mr. Huntington isn't available, so he and my dad work closely. As does the actual Delta Huntington.

Which is why I know her family very well and they weren't cool with that at all. Even my dad talked about their situation at home with our family.

Apparently, she "chose to take her power back by taking another chance on the relationship on her terms."

That's the official story my dad told me. I don't have a relationship with her, so I didn't ask her about it. I'd ask Ben, but he has enough on his plate as it is. His parents also got called by the principal.

They didn't know about it either. No one would, if they hadn't been caught by Elliott inside the male restroom. If only they used the female one.

And to think Ashley figured it out because Marcus knew. Even I haven't thought of that! But of course Ben would tell his best friend. You can't keep a secret like this for much longer inside. You need to confide in someone eventually.

Anyway, aside from the stares they endured for the last few weeks and the obvious obstacle they faced with the parent units, they refused to give in and continue strong. Good for them.

In other news, I'm pretty much over Elliott at this point. It's been difficult, sure. Sometimes impossible, to be honest. But there's only so much I can take. Eventually you have to move on. Especially because it's not coming back.

But I'm fine now. It's February and another month means my mate is closer than ever. I can feel them already.

No, not really. If only... but they are close, hopefully.

My friendship with Felix also has been restored to its full capacity. I don't even get weird anymore when I see them suck face. By now, it's as normal for me as Patrick and Ashley.

Another happy mated couple. Though I hear she has applied to colleges. But they won't be the first mates who endure long distance relationships and certainly not the last.

Ironically, it's not something I worry about. I don't care that my mate goes to college. I'd prefer if they stayed with me, sure. But whether or not they attend, it's their choice. Not mine. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

I'll miss them, obviously. But hopefully I can visit them. It's worse for warriors who don't get weekends off, they have schedules that go on any day of the week, holiday, business day or weekend.

I'm so glad I'll be Beta, to be honest. Also, I don't have to face warrior camp. All the boys from the team are deserving of a spot and I'm glad it's not my place to judge it.

But that's not for another 4 months.

"Are you excited, honey?" - Mom asked me during Tuesday morning breakfast.

"I can hardly breathe mom. You don't know how much I need this." - I replied enthusiastically. Then, I took a bite of my pancakes with berries and syrup.