Chapter 11: The guild girl

"... Another fallen adventurer. The only fate of adventurers who take refuge in the adventure is an eventual failure."

Muttering, the girl crumpled the sheet of paper where the adventurer's condition was written.

The girl had thin, pointed ears. Her eyes were a beautiful emerald color. Shimmering, her silky hair waved down to her shoulders. She had the appearance of an elf, yet she lacked what those types of elves had that seemed to look at the world with arrogance.

Her curvy, slender body was hidden behind a black vest and pants of the same color, accentuating her appearance.

This girl, named Eina Tulle, was actually half-elf and half-human. Anyone close to her would notice that, unlike the other elves, she was pretty approachable, which was also why she worked as an administration advisor within the Guild.

"Is it really that hard to understand?"

"Nee~ Eina~, why are you so depressed?" A short girl with pink hair and eyes jumped up and stood near Eina, looking at her face, who seemed depressed about something.

"M-Misha, why are you here? Shouldn't you still be on vacation?"

"Ohoho, I see, I see. It's about a man, isn't it?" The girl nodded and commented as if sudden enlightenment had struck her.

"N-no, I mean yes, but it's not what you think!". She hastened to reply with her hands waving in front of Misha's face, not caring that her friend had ignored her.

"Hehe, isn't that what they always say when they catch him red-handed?". She nodded in understanding with her eyes shining slyly and with a thumbs up as if she had been enlightened with the truth of the world; she continued, "Don't worry, Eina, after all, you're at that age now, we'll support you!"

A throbbing vein appeared on Eina's forehead, "You!"

Seeing Eina's menacing look and smile, Misha's smile froze, and she quickly cleared her throat, "So, are you feeling better now? I know what's bothering you, but as a good friend, I don't like to see you depressed at all-".

After Misha's sudden silence, the once-bustling and lively room fell into a deep silence as if everyone had agreed beforehand.

"Misha? Hey, what's wrong? Are you okay?" seeing her friend, with a dazed and dumbfounded gaze towards the door, Eina waved her hand frantically in front of her eyes to get her attention.

Misha suddenly moved, without saying a word or even glancing at her, grabbed the face of a surprised Eina, and turned her sharply to the side.

"E-Eina, is what I see an illusion? Yes, yes, that must be it!"

The pink girl stammered, and in the end, she practically couldn't hold back her scream.

Just as Eina was about to scold her friend, her eyes caught the most beautiful existence she had seen so far. Like everyone else present, she wondered if it was some god of love before dismissing such an idea from her mind.

The appearance of the boy who entered through the guild door completely eclipsed the gods.

The boy's gait was graceful, and he carried with him an aura worthy of nobility that could only belong to a King; added to that, the boy had an unusual but sharp aura as if he was the embodiment of a sword. Along with the unique but extremely attractive golden hair that stood out from the crowd, the slight smile on the handsome face only increased the boy's charm to new heights.

However, the clothes he was wearing...destroyed it all...

A comfy, loose-fitting white pajama set with a cute panda bear embroidered in the middle... It was cute, but it completely counteracted the nobility surrounding the beautiful boy.