Chapter 12: Election

"Now, can you show me your eyes?" Eina adjusted her glasses and looked at me.

"Oh, of course," I answered Eina with a smile.

She was sitting across from me, separated by a long table.

We were in a meeting room, where adventurers could talk quietly with their respective advisors without worrying about anyone overhearing the conversation. This also applied to me, as I in no way wanted the word to spread that I had a divine eye or something similar, or at least, I don't want it to happen for now.

Eina was a beautiful woman, quite beautiful to tell the truth; her eyebrows were furrowed with slight annoyance, as were her lips. But considering that I bamboozled her with my infinite charm in front of everyone, it was natural to expect a similar reaction from her.

Although I don't regret such an action.

At first, when I first entered the guild hall, I had thought of my misfortune for encountering such a responsible yet protective woman who would scold anyone under her care in the guild.

However, after observing her, I could tell that, unlike in anime, where the figures and characters were in cartoon form, in these moments, they were no different from a flesh and blood human.

This world that before, for me, was just an anime world was now a real world where the characters were real.

Getting back to the topic, Eina's beauty was not what led me to decide to take her as a personal advisor. No, for one thing, it was because she was the only one I knew from the anime in the first season, and because of her personality, which I gather is not much different from the anime, she wouldn't leak my information to anyone.

The other reason was that the moment I approached her, I noticed the natural warmth that her aura gave off. It was a kind of aura that no being with evil thoughts could have.

Suddenly, I saw Eina's cheeks flushed, probably because I had looked at her more than I should have.

Sighing, I brought my hands to the blindfold covering my eyes and saw that Eina was a little anxious. I don't know exactly why, but I didn't care.

I slowly pulled the blindfold down, revealing my two unusual eyes to the world, or in this case, to Eina, who opened her eyes wide.

"Beautiful..." She seemed completely spellbound by my gaze, as even when I waved my hand in front of her face, she didn't notice.

Seeing her expression, I felt an itch in my heart.

Wanting to tease this girl more, I brought my face closer to hers, and mere inches away from her lips, I muttered, "If you don't wake up, I might end up kissing you~."

"Huh? A-ahhh! Get away!" she exploded, blushing, and withdrew her face as steam rose from her forehead at the speed of light.

I did my best to hold back laughter as I gazed at her extremely embarrassed face as she put the cloth back around her eyes.

"Now that I've proven that my eyes work properly, it's time for you to fulfill part of your promise, don't you think so, too, Eina~?"

"Hmph, Hateful." Still blushing, she seemed to try to hide the embarrassment under an expression of anger and aggravation.

However, she still lifted her glasses simultaneously as she looked at me and tried her best to act as normal as possible. As expected of someone professional.

"Here, fill out this form to sign up, and if you don't already have a Familia, I recommend you find one. I can mention some of the families that are currently recruiting new members."