Chapter 17: Loki Familia

A great ball of reddish color that gave off a soft, warm feeling about the world hovered in the distance, almost hidden on the horizon. Birds flapped their wings freely across the slightly orange sky until they landed on the massive city walls.

It was a morning when the citizens of "Orario" began to wake up and open the windows of their homes to welcome a new dawn.

Some were going about their daily routines while others were lazily making their way to their places of work. Soon, the once silent streets began to fill with lively adventurers constantly chatting and discussing the hottest topics.

And as expected, among the most recent and popular topics, especially among the adventurers and goddesses, was that man who appeared a few days ago in the city "Orario."

At first, everyone believed that the words of the girls who saw him were lies or exaggerations; however, after seeing the boy walking around the city as if he was exploring every corner of "Orario," everyone could confirm that such previous words were valid. Indeed, the boy was so exaggeratedly beautiful that to say that he had a figure up to the epitome of perfection would not be at all wrong.

Moreover, a rumor was circulating that under those bandages were two pairs of beautiful eyes that could steal the souls of lucky mortals. It was also said that the boy was a nobleman from somewhere in this world, for the aura of royalty and mystery the boy radiated made him stand out like a sore thumb in the crowd.

The aura added to the boy's charm and made many girls encourage him with titles like "Golden God," "Immaculate God," or "Golden Prince."

These days, many approached the boy and wanted to start a conversation with him, perhaps, even some relationship... but failed miserably. Because no matter who came to the boy, he just waved and went on his way as if nothing had happened.

That made many girls feel strongly frustrated and want to tear their hair out of their heads.

While men, on the other hand, wanted to pluck their head hairs for an entirely different reason...

"Oi, oi! Have they got rotten brains or what?!"

One man had his fists clenched tightly, and fumes of fury escaped his swollen forehead. The man's hair and eyes were painted an ashen color; most striking were the pair of wolf ears decorating his head.

"Calm down, Bete. I know perfectly well how you feel, but take a little care of your image in public, will you?". A yellow-haired boy in front of the group turned his face away as he smiled wryly and shook his head from side to side.

Although anyone could mistake him for a child due to his small appearance, he was a man of the Pallum race who was in his thirties. Moreover, he was also the leader who led the "Loki Familia" group.

"Hmph, useless bunch!" Bete grumbled discontentedly towards the adventurers on the street as he shoved his hands into his pants pockets.

"Maa~ After hearing so much about that guy, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious." An Amazon with shoulder-length black hair smiled and put her two hands behind her head.

"I'm surprised you're showing interest in a man, Tiona." Another Amazon interrupted. Unlike the other one, who was her twin sister, this one had long black hair that reached her back and a blue earring dangling from her ears. Like her sister, and like all Amazons, she wore revealing clothing that barely concealed her essential parts.

"Now that you mention it! Tione, when do you plan to tell the Captain-?"

However, before Tiona could finish her cheerful words, Tione suddenly appeared in front of her and grabbed her head.