4☁︎︎

Valentina
Slamming the screen of my laptop shut, I blow a puff of breath, making the loose strands of my high ponytail flail about. My mother has decided to make it her mission to find me an eligible boyfriend before the start of summer, careless to the fact that the last time I was ever set up by her, my boyfriend turned out to be a cheater. I was only young, so I had already dreamt up our whole future, which made it only hurt more when I found out. If anyone thinks I'm going to prioritise love again, they're our of their freaking mind.

Glancing at the clock on my wall, I note that there's only fifteen minutes till my 'surprise' party. Apparently, it's a little Elmgreen High tradition to host a welcome party for new students, which sounds very sweet but personally I think it's just a good excuse for them to bring kegs and get drunk (not that I'm going to exclude myself from the fun), yet, for me, the best part about a party is getting all glammed up. Which is what I can't do. Little fucking traditions mean that I have to show up to my own party in uniform so it's easy for me to be introduced around, and so they can joke and tease a little about me being new. Fucking fantastic.

I finish touching up on my mascara and slip open the first few buttons of my white button down. Stupid traditions won't stop me from looking good. Fluffing my hair out to give it the blow-dried look, my room door slams open and a certain blondie I've started to love walks in.
"Okay so, does the pink go or should I change into the blue? It's a little last minute but I'm not sure if it- Oh girl, you look hot!" Amelie grabs my hand and we both start jumping up and down and laughing in a frenzy.

"No you do! The pink makes you look fucking gorgeous!" She spins around, showcasing her little strappy pink dress that harmonizes perfectly with her blonde hair, making her look like a little Barbie doll alongside her tall, slim model-like frame. She turns around and I give her butt a little pat, before she grabs my hand and her clutch, leading the way.
"Prepare for the best first night of Elmgreen." She whispers and opens our main door.

Outside of my dorm are welcome banners strung along the ceiling and confetti on the floor, little fairy lights around certain door numbers. Music is thudding against the walls, supposedly from the room next to mine, where everyone must be. This must have taken forever.
"The rooms with the lights are the ones that will be open for us to partyyy." She explains, opening the door to the left of me.

Inside, everyone is gathered, the music pumping through my veins, so loud I can feel it in my heart, the air thick and sweaty from students grinding up against each other. Cheers come from the other side, and I see Raizel sitting on the couch shoving her tongue down some guys throat. When she gets up, the guy's face struck by awe, and people whoop as she flicks her hair to the side and struts off. When she sees me she waves and a huge grin spreads across her face, rushing over to me. The low rise jeans and mini corset top she's wearing parades her silver belly button piercing, making her look drop dead gorgeous.

"Fuck me." I drawl, before I realise I'm saying it out loud and she winks, not even fazed, pulling me in for a hug.
"Anytime." She whispers in my ear, spinning me in her arm so she can examine.
"You definitely can fuck me, gorgeous." Raizel blurts after patting my ass, handing me and Amelie our drinks.

"Hey ladies, and Raizel." Mason grins, placing his arm over my shoulders and then giving Raizel a dirty look to which she just flips him off. Woah, tension. And it's so damn thick I can hear it.
"You two have already met?" I ask, but it sounds more like a statement since it's so obvious.
"Met, yeah that's one way to put it." Raizel scoffs and Mason laughs too, but one of sarcastic tone.
"Ah, these two have a long lasting lovely friendship, don't you guys?" Amelie giggles, apparently already lightly buzzed from the drink she's finished.

Tipping the back of my cup up, I down its contents and wince, the harshness of the vodka leaving a trail of burns down my throat.
"Woah, easy." Mason takes the cup from me and puts it in the bin next to him, "you've been here five minutes and are already stealing all our alcohol." He teases and I laugh, zoning back into the conversation where Amelie is explaining how Raizel and Masons life-lasting rivalry began. I meet a few more people, but they bore me with their stories of themselves so I politely excuse myself and grab another drink, downing that one too.