Chapter 15

Stella's Point of view

The smell of bacon hits me before my eyes even open and I can hear my stomach grumble. I open my eyes slowly and am met with light coming in through the massive windows in the living room. I look around the room but don't see anyone. I get up and a blanket falls off me hitting the floor. I go to the bathroom and take care of my business. I look at myself in the mirror, lifting up my shirt. My already small frame has gotten smaller, I haven't had food in days and it shows. I feel weak and tired and my mind is foggy. I walk out and to the kitchen. Both Sam and Archer are sitting at the bar food on their plates. When I come into view both of their heads turn towards me.

"Good morning Stella, how did you sleep?" Sam asks.

"I slept okay." I state as my stomach growls again.

"Come sit down, eat some food." Sam suggests.

"I'm not hungry but thank you for the offer." I state ignoring the pain in my stomach.

"When was the last time you ate?" Sam asks.

"I ate lunch with Cami a day ago." I lie, looking at the ground in an attempt to avoid eye contact. 

"Why are you lying Stella?" Sam asks starting to raise his voice at me.

"Sam let's not yell, if she doesn't want to eat she doesn't have to, but I do have some fresh fruit available for you if you want." Archer suggests.

"Thank you, I think I'm just gonna go and get ready for work." I say.

"Don't worry about work right now. Take a day off to rest, let yourself recover and then you can come back tomorrow. Does that sound okay?"

I nod my head. "I am going to go and get changed into another pair of cloths maybe take a shower if that's okay." I half question.

"Of course, you can use the shower in my room if you would like. I have extra towels underneath the sink on the right side." Archer says his voice strong yet caring. 

"Thank you."

"Of course. Is there anything you want to do today?" He asks.

"I don't know, can I think about it?" I ask.

"Of course just let me know."

I nod my head and turn around walking towards his room and to the bathroom. When I get inside I get a towel from where Archer said they would be and I turn on the shower. Its big, almost as big as my walk in closet in my apartment. I step in and let the warm water hit my body. It aches and I know it's screaming for food but I just dont have the energy or fight to try and convince myself to eat. I look down and see some scars from my past mainly self inflicted ones, ones I regret doing but in the moment I didn't see a way out. I wash my hair and body with the stuff Archer had in here and then climb out. I dry myself off and take a step out of the shower. I start walking out of the bathroom and get all of 4 steps before I slip and fall. I hit the floor with a thud and I cry out in pain. I close my eyes willing it to go away and when I open them I find Archer standing in front of me a worried expression on his face. 

"I'm okay. I just sliped on some water." I sigh. 

"I can see that." He says walking over to me and helping to wrap the towel around my body before picking me up bridal style. 

I look into his eyes and I know hes concerned, He looks at me not with one of disgust but one of consern for my overall health. Once he sets me down on the bed he walks over to his closet and he throws me a big t-shirt. He turns around and I slip it on. 

"It's not that I don't know I need to eat you know?" I question wanting him to understand. 

"Then why do you do it?" He questions.