Chapter 1

Elliana Pov:

I was currently at the airport with my older sister Evina Westbrook. We were presently going to school. We both attended The University of Connecticut. It was going to be my first year as a freshman and Evina's first year at the school as a junior.

I had gotten a full scholarship for playing soccer. I had worked really hard for it. At first, I didn't have any hope of getting a full scholarship but then I worked every day. And just like that, I had gotten the scholarship. I was really proud of myself.

As we were walking to our gate, I spotted a Starbucks. I really loved Starbucks! I tug on Evina's shirt. She turns around with a confused look on her face. "Wanna go get some Starbucks? I'll pay."

"Yeah sure I could use some coffee having to do with you" She replies

I put my hand over my heart and gasp dramatically. "You really hurt me" I pouted

She laughs as we walk over to Starbucks. We wait in line. There are about 2 people in front of us. Once it's finally our turn to order, I order a venti strawberry acai refresher whilst Evina order herself some cold brew. The total ends up being 11.53. Once I pay I make my way over to wait for our drinks.

We finally get our drinks and we start walking to the gate. We're pretty early as the flight takes off at 11 and it's 10:45. So we sit down waiting for our flight. I pull out my phone and start scrolling on TikTok.

"Are you nervous?" I ask Evina.

She looks up from her phone and nods her head. "Yeah, I kind of am, I dont know if the girls will like me or if ill fit in. I'm not really nervous about school. I'm just worried about how the coaches will see my performance. What if they think I'm not good enough for the team?"

"You'll be fine Evie" I always called her that, even when we were little kids "You're a great basketball player and you'll do fine. You've been through so many injuries, yet you kept working hard and trained. And look where that got you too. One of the best colleges in the world. I'm proud of you and you should be too" I smile looking at her

She smiles at me before pulling me into a hug. "Thanks, Elli, I dont know what I'd do without you"

"You wouldn't be able to function without me" I joke breaking the wholesome moment between the two of us

She punches my shoulder before rolling her eyes at me. "Yeah yeah"

"What about you are you nervous?" She asks

"I mean yeah but I'm not gonna let something little such as nerves mess with my head. I'm just gonna play the sport I fell in love with as a child, that's really the whole reason I'm here." I smile. "I'm just worried about the school work, it's gonna be even harder than last year" I groan

Evina laughs. "Mum wants good grades from you this year"

"We both know that's gonna be so hard for me" I reply

"Your gonna come to some of my games right," I ask

"Of course haven't seen you play soccer in a while," Evina responds "You better come see my games," Evina says sternly

"Yes ma'am" I laugh

-

After the 5-hour flight, we finally made it to Connecticut. We both made our way to get our suitcases. And since I and Evina were going to stay for a few months here, we both brought 3 large suitcases each.

Once we got our suitcases we went to go get an uber. It was dark outside considering it was pretty early in the morning. The uber guy helped us put our suitcases in the trunk. Some of them had to go in the back with me. Evina sat in the front whilst I sat in the back with the suitcases.

"Alright, ladies where too?" The Uber Man asks politely

"The UCONN dormitories please and thank you" Evina replied

About an hour and a half later we finally arrived at the dormitory. I get out of the car taking our suitcases out as Evina pays the uber driver. We start walking to the entrance to see where our dorms are at.

Evina and my dorm are in the same building just on different floors. She is 3 floors down from where I am. We say our goodbyes before parting ways. I push the elevator button to go to floor 6.

Once I arrive at the floor I have to make my way to 12c. Once I get there I open the door with the key I got. I step into the dorm. There is a living room with a mini kitchen on the right of it. I start walking down the hall where there are 3 rooms, two of which have already been chosen so I take the other empty room. My room is across the bathroom so I'm happy about that.

I start decorating my room with the LED lights I had bought. I put the new covers and bed set on my bed. I then put my clothes in my closet and the cabinets that are under my bed. I put my shoes in my closet.

I take out my electronics and chargers and pug them either on my nightstand or on my desk. I kind of want a mini fridge in my room so I might buy that.

Once I'm done decorating my room I plop on my bed. I grab my phone from my nightstand and open up Instagram just scrolling through people's posts.

A little later I hear people in the living room. I get up from my bed and make my way to the living room. I see two girls, one that has brown hair with highlights and blonde hair.

"Hi" I greet

"Oh hey" The blond replies

"You must be our other roommate right?" The brunette asks

"Yeah I'm Ellianna Westbrook but you could call me Elli I'm a freshman who plays for the women's soccer team, I'm a goalkeeper" I introduce myself

"I also play for the women's soccer team, I'm a sophomore, my name is Audrey Hart," The blonde says

"My name is Isabella Barlowe, I also happen to be on the women's soccer team, I'm also a freshman, You can call me Issy or Bella if you'd like," The brunette says

"That's really awesome" I smile

"Yeah it is, I have a feeling we're gonna be really close friends this year" Isabella replies smiling

"I suggest we get some rest since our first practice is tomorrow," Audrey says

"Oh ok what time" Issy says

"9 am" Audrey replies

"Cool, see you two in the morning," I say before making my way to my room to follow as they go to their rooms.

I change into my pajama and brush my teeth before lying in bed. I start thinking about practice tomorrow and that seems to get me excited. I finally start to drift off into sleep.