Chapter 24

Paige Pov:

And just like that, the game ended with us winning by 20 points! The Uconn music started to play and everybody in the student section and in our fans in the stands started going crazy. I turn around and I see Elli taking a picture of the fans celebrating and then she takes a picture of Christyn with the reporters. I wave and smile at her and she returns the gesture grinning. 

Once we all are in the locker room we all start shouting and celebrating our first win of the season. Nika wraps her arm around my shoulder as we celebrate the win.

"Okay, okay settle down. That was a great win, everyone contributed to the game and that is great. Even though it's just our first game we still let Georgetown score more than we wanted to. Our defense needs to be better and our offense could be too. Other than that we had a great first win. Tomorrow we have practice from 4-7. Be ready to run and rest today. Alright bring it in, Huskies on 3,"

"1"

"2"

"3"

"Huskies" We all shout together.

I go to my locker and change out of my jersey and throw on a random UConn shirt and I put sweatpants over my shirt. I slide on my Crocs and then I put all my belongings in my bag before grabbing it and heading out of the tunnel one by one with the team.

As I'm heading out of the tunnel I see Elli's back facing towards us and she's talking to Tyler, Issy, and Jayden. They all notice me and I signal them to be quiet so I can sneak up on Elli and scare her. Once I'm close enough I wrap my arms around her waist making her jump.

"Paige!" She shouts, laughing, and smacking my arms.

"You jumped so high," Evina says laughing and wrapping her in a hug.

Issy, Tyler, and Jayden were on the floor laughing.

"Yeah, Yeah, real funny," She said smacking my shoulder again.

"I'm sorry, are you mad at me?" I ask jokingly.

"I don't know," She says shrugging but struggling to hide a smile.

"Anyways, congrats on winning your first game," Issy says

"We all mean it when we say we're proud of you," Tyler says

"You guys deserved this win," Jayden adds

"Awwww," Nika says jokingly, putting a hand over her heart.

Christyn turned to Elli, "How'd the pictures turn out?" She asked

"Here look," Eli says pulling out her camera and scrolling through some of them. They were all pretty good, there were some of us in huddles, some of us shooting or shooting free throws, there was a picture of me and Christyn talking to each other and there were a ton of pictures of us holding the ball or standing.

"They look really nice," Aubrey says smiling.

"Thanks," Ellis says grinning

Geno comes out of the tunnel and looks at all of us. "If only you'd all run as fast or even faster than you did today,"

"Come on Coach, I ran super fast today," I say looking at him, with my hand raised in defense.

"I've seen you run so fast and that was just to pick up one of Elliana's phone calls, and how you ran today was nowhere near that," He says walking away and shaking his head as the group laughs loudly at what he said.

"He called you out," Aaliyah says trying to calm her laughter.

"You are actually a simp," Aubrey says laughing

"That's how you know Paigey's in love," Nika says teasing me.

"Yeah, Yeah, I'm going to my dorm," I say before grabbing Elli's hand and walking away.

"I guess I'll see you guys later," Elli says before waving to everyone goodbye

"OOOOOO," Nika and Aaliyah tease as I walk away,

"Maybe they're going to go make out," Issy says making the group laugh even more than they already were.

-

I had just finished taking a shower and I changed into a Uconn shirt with my pajama pants. When I walked into my room Elli was on her phone laying in my bed, she had already changed into her pajama and she was wearing a black sports bra with some red and black pajama pants.

I walk into bed and lay on her chest, wrapping my arm around her waist. She takes her free hand and runs her fingers through my damp hair making me close my eyes. 

"You played really well today, I'm really proud of you," She said kissing my forehead.

I hum and lift my head up to look at her. "Your birthday coming up. What do you want?" I ask. Elli's birthday was in December and it was mid-November. For my birthday Elli bought me a hoodie which matched with hers and she took me out to eat, even when I refused to let her pay for me. So now I have to one-up her for her birthday

"Paige my birthday is on the 28th, you're going to be on Christmas break, plus it's a month until my birthday. I don't even want anything,  have everything I want and more, great friends, a great family, a lovable but childish girlfriend, I'm happy and I do not want anything more," She says putting her phone down and turning to meet my gaze.

"I'm looking on the internet for your gift," I say before grabbing my phone.

"Your unbelievable," She says jokingly.

"I love you too," I say kissing her cheek before going back on the internet and searching up for some jewelry.

"D you have to go Christmas shopping because I definitely do," She says, panicking a little.

"Yeah, we can go this weekend if you're not busy, I can even get sneak peeks of what you're going to get me," I say winking.

"Nice try, but I already ordered your gift and it's being shipped to my dormitory," She replies. "Think smarter, not harder," She says patting my cheek before going back to editing the pictures she took of us today.