Chapter 16

Elli Pov:

Once we got to the soccer facility, we headed immediately to the Coaches office. There was a box of new gear and she looked like she was sorting them with the help of other people.

"Westbrook, Barlowe!" Coach says smiling. "Barlowe, here's your new gear, there's new practice shirts and new practice shorts." Coach explains to Issy.

"Thanks Coach" Issy says smiling before heading out of the door.

"How's your wrist holding up?" Coach asks me.

"It's good, I'm going to try to train today so I can play for Wednesday's game" I say pretty eagerly.

"I don't think that's a good idea, you might injure it more and be out for even longer than needed. Take the time to rest." Coach explains

"I told you so," Paige says, nudging me.

Coach looks at Paige. "I didn't see you there, you must be Paige!" She says, taking out her hand for Paige to shake.

Paige gladly takes it and shakes her hand. "That's me," She says smiling.

"Coach this is my girlfriend," I say

Coach looks at us and smiles. "Glad to see someone's putting up with Elliana. She could be a handful at times." Coach says, chuckling.

Paige just laughs and I roll my eyes at her playfully. We stay and talk for a little while with Coach before handing me my gear which Paige helps me carry. Along the walk back to the dorm, it starts to rain, making us speed up and head to my dorm.

But I got this idea and set my gear in the ground for a moment. Nobody's around so it's perfect too.
I've always wanted to dance in the rain with somebody. I've danced in the rain before but not with anyone.

"Paige, wait!" I say stopping her

"What's up?" She says turning around and looking at me curiously.

"Come dance with me" I smile

"Now! In the rain?" She says all confused

"Yeah it'll be fun!" I say walking towards her and grabbing the gear out of her hands and setting them on the floor near the other pile of gear.

I grab her hands and walk over to the center of the sidewalk. I wrap my arms around her neck, as she wraps her arms around my waist. We sway back and forth as the rain hits drops down from the sky. She spins me around which causes me to giggle and her to smile.

"This is nice" She says, pulling me closer to her.

"Yeah it is" I say, giggling as she spins me around.

"I love you so, so much." She says looking into my eyes.

"And I love you just as much." I reply by cupping her cheeks with my hands.

She leans in to kiss me, and I lean in too, closing the gap between us. The kiss was very passionate and it had a lot of meaning behind it. She gripped my waist a little harder and pulled me closer to her so our body's were touching.

Once we pulled away we smiled at each other before I leaned in to peck her lips softly.

We danced in the rain for about 20 minutes. Both of us were beyond drenched. Our clothes were soaked, but beyond all of that I think dancing in the rain was perfect. It was most definitely worth it.

Once we got back to my dorm I put them in the dryer so that they would dry. I took off my shoes and put them near the door. I went to the bathroom and turned on the shower so that the water could be warm.
I pulled out some blue and green squared pajama pants with a black baggy shirt. I grabbed my towel and headed into the shower.

Once I finished my shower I changed into the clothes I picked out as Paige went to take her shower. She came out and changed into some gray sweatpants with a black uconn shirt.

I went to the living room and turned on the tv. Paige sat on the couch as I went to the kitchen to see what there was for food.

"Do you wanna order a pizza?" I asked her as I couldn't find anything in the fridge.

"Uhm yeah sure" Paige reply's

"Pepperoni and cheese?" I say as I grab my phone and click the dominoes app.

"Yeah, I'll pay" She says standing up.

"No it's okay, I got it." I say walking toward the couch.

"You sure?" She says

"Yeah i'm sure" I say as I peck her lips before pushing her slightly to sit down on the couch with me.

Once I ordered the pizza I put my phone on the coffee table and snuggled into Paige. She had her arm wrapped around me as I had my head on her shoulder. We decided to watch Black Panther while the pizza came.

Once the pizza came we ate and decided to have a movie night. So we made popcorn and just chilled on the couch watching movies for the rest of the day. We watched about 4 movies before deciding it was late and went to bed.