Chapter 4

Elliana Pov:

Paige and I were walking to a cafe on campus. It was pretty silent for the most part. My nerves were taking the best of me but I tried not to show it. I attempted to make conversation but they always died down.

"How long have you been playing basketball?" I ask trying to make conversation

"Ever since I was five" She responds "How about you? How long have you been playing soccer?"

"Ever since I could learn to walk really" I respond chuckling a bit

She looks at me. "Really!?" She said lifting her eyebrow

"Yeah, we had this little soccer ball in the house and I would always kick it through the dining table, at the wall, and to my parents. They got so annoyed when I did" I replied laughing

She laughs, and I swear I could feel my heart melt at the sound.

We arrive at the cafe and she opens the door for me. I smile at her before thanking her. She then walks in and walks by my side again. We then get in line.

"What are you planning on getting?" She asks facing me

"Probably a hot chocolate, I can't really have coffee" I reply

She raises an eyebrow at me. "How come?"

"I get too hyper and then when all the caffeine no longer is in my body, I get exhausted I could sleep on command" I respond

She shakes her head chuckling. "What are you gonna get," I ask

"An iced coffee" She responds

It was our turn to order and we ordered what we wanted. I was about to pull out my wallet when Paige stopped me.

"I got it, it's on me," She says

"No, I dont want you paying for me really I could pay Paige" I whine

"No I asked you to come, I'm going to pay," She says "And there's nothing you can do to stop me"

I pout knowing I was gonna lose the battle. "Fine next time I'm paying"

Paige laughs and ends up paying. We walk over to where our drinks are served. Once we get our drinks we sit at a table. She pulls out the chair for me and I blush.

"Thanks," I say blushing

She smiles back "No problem"

"So tell me about yourself, I wanna know about The Elliana Westbrook," She says jokingly

"Uhm, my name is Elliana Westbrook I'm 19 years old, my sister is Evina Westbrook, and I have 4 other brothers. I play soccer. My position is a goalie. And I'm from Albany which happens to be in Oregon." I say

"I could have easily googled that if I wanted to. Tell me about yourself that the internet doesn't know" She says

I kind of sat there shocked. Nobody really has asked me this before. I sit and think about what I'm going to say before saying it.

"I would say I'm the funny friend, my friends would also agree with all the stupid things I did in high school." I say laughing " I'd rather stay inside watching Netflix and Hulu than go to a party. I would say I'm a hardworking person, but I think there are still some things I need to improve on. I'm very scared of heights, I dont really like high rollercoasters they give me anxiety. I'm pretty competitive and I try to win at all costs" I say smiling "Your turn"

"My name is Paige Madison Bueckers, some people dont know my middle name. I'm from Hopkins, Minnesota. I also would stay inside watching TV instead of going out. I would say I'm a hilarious friend, I'm pretty fun" She said braggingly which made me laugh. "I also work hard to try to achieve my dream, I'm also pretty competitive. And if cooking was a sport I would definitely fail" She said making me laugh again.

"We're pretty alike dont you think?" I ask

"Yeah I suppose we are" She replies smiling

I then get a text from Jada saying we had an unexpected practice at 12. It was currently 10:44. I groan before responding.

Paige looks at me with a concerned face. "Are you ok Is something wrong?"

I look up from my phone, looking at her. I smile before replying. "It's nothing really, Jada texted me saying we had a last-minute practice"

"Oh, ok," She says

I stand up grabbing my cup. "Thanks for this, by the way, I hope we can hang out soon. I really enjoyed it. I'll talk to you later."I somehow built some confidence within myself and I kiss her on the cheek before walking out of the cafe.