chapter twenty five

I could barely sleep through the night, I kept tossing and turning with the thoughts of what the fuck I just saw running through my mind.

So when I awoke the next morning completely groggy and heavy lidded I wasn't surprised.

My alarm clock read '9:30' in its bold red numbers. I could try to go back to sleep considering that I don't have class today but I know that Ariya does and I need to get this out now or I'm going to explode.

I made my way to the living room without doing any of my regular morning routine, I could do that later. Right now I needed to figure out why the fuck my best friend of 10 years would do something like this to me.

I burst out of my room to see Ariya standing in the kitchen over the coffee maker.

"Oh," She smiled, "The landlord called and said that she's okay with us changing the locks and that she hopes we stay safe."

"Enough of this bullshit Ariya please." I muttered exasperated. "Just fucking admit it, admit your wrongs for once instead of being such a conniving liar"

She backed away from the coffee maker startled at my sudden outburst of rudeness.

"Nicole." She slid into a chair feigning hurt. "Why would you say that to me."

Blood was now boiling to my cheeks as my anger was about to reach its peak.

"Are you like deaf Ariya, I just said stop being a conniving liar." I screamed

She flinched a little in her chair

"I know it was you, I saw it on your fucking phone, and I can't believe I ever trusted you in the first place when you said it wasn't you." I was shaking with anger. "This is all starting to make sense now, first you make out with Milo, now you send a picture of my lowest moment to my whole school? What did I do to you for you to treat me like this?"

She stayed silent for what felt like way too long for someone who was 'innocent'

"Nicole, you have to believe me."

My anger I had been trying so hard to contain finally reached its boiling point.

"GET OUT!" I screamed, fury the only emotion I could feel. "GET THE FUCK OUT!"

She rose from her chair hastily, grabbed her bag along with her keys and headed for the door.

"We can talk later when you've calmed down, I'm going to be late for class, but Nicole for the love of God listen to yourself. You sound insane, I would never do this to you and you know it." There was a hint of grief in her voice, like she was on the edge of breaking down.

When I didn't return her gaze she walked out of the door, slamming it shut.

I don't care what she says, it was on her phone. The time accurate to the setting, and there's no way I was going to believe some bullshit excuse that was coming out of her mouth. Again.

I need to leave, I am not going to live here with her anymore. I'll stay at my brothers or possibly Milos.

I'm still grieving the loss of my dad, now I can't show my face at school without knowing everyone has seen me half naked and blacked out drunk, how much can a girl take before she loses it.

I proceeded to packing up my things, I don't need everything, just my necessities, a weeks worth of clothes and my pills.

As I was packing my suitcase I took one Xanax and popped it into my mouth to try and calm my nerves.

I decided I would go to Milos, My brother was also grieving, maybe even worse than I. I didn't want to put my drama on his already piling burden. Plus I really wanted to speak to Milo.

Before I knew it I was in front of Milos door knocking softly with my suitcase in my other hand.

He opened it almost suddenly, "Nicole?" His eyes wandered to me then to my suitcase then back to me again. "Is everything okay?"

"Ariya did it." I looked deep into his eyes

"Sorry?" He asked puzzled while he opened the door wider and gestured for me to come in.

"The photo, she did it." I walked in, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"Oh, wait are you serious?" His tone switched from soft to annoyance.

"Deadly."

"That's..." He looked at a loss for words. "Why?"

"I don't know Milo." I moved towards him not being able to hold my tears in anymore. "She hates me. My best friend hates me" He held me as I broke down in his arms.

"She doesn't hate you mi amour, I'm sure there is an explanation and if there isn't then you deserve better than someone like her anyways, you know that."

I looked up from his shoulder to gaze into his understanding eyes.

"What would I do without you? " I finally let a small smile creep onto my face.

"Oh I don't know hermosa, you'd be pretty lost I'm afraid." He laughed.

I punched him in the arm half playful half serious. "Um I think I'm going to stay somewhere else for a while, I was thinking of staying with you but I know that might sound a little too clingy and I understand if you don't want to let me, I'm sure my brother will let me stay with him, well I know he will actually. So just say the wor-"

His lips crashed into mine in a sudden movement. It was out of the blue, but his lips felt like home and I welcomed them accordingly.

"You think too much mi amour, of course I'll let you stay here, I can't get enough of you."

"Thank you so much Milo."

"Anything for you Nicole."

A/N
do y'all think ariya is guilty or innocent ?