š˜¾š™š™–š™„š™©š™šš™§ šŸ±

𝙄𝙩 𝙩𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙩𝙚 a bit of convincing for her mother to allow Robby to join them. Nova had continuously added her input on her thoughts on the boy, not benefitting the conversation at hand. Adria had swiftly packed her beach bag, placing her essentials inside as she hurried to the door. They weren't set to leave until another fifteen minutes, but the absence of Robby was starting to agitate her.

If she were being honest, she had no idea how to react. Not once did she ever invite a boy to meet her family, let alone to take to the beach club.

It was like a date.

Wait, was it a date?

Leaning her back against the stone exterior, she tuned into the arguing within the home. Although Valentina may adore her older daughter, evidently more than her younger, it did not change the fact that their contradicting opinions and passions interfered constantly with one another. Unfortunately, Adria would have to suffer the end results of it.

She was constantly stuck in a void, having to tune out the consistent shouts on a daily basis, whether it be because of her or her sister, or simply her mother's own selfishness.

With the turning of the doorknob and the presence of clicking heels, she peered up to see her mother and sister exit their home. They walked in sync, lopsided hats, and darkly tinted sunglasses shadowing their faces from the early Californian sun. "Well, where's that boy of yours?" Her mother muttered, entering the car, "We will leave without him-"

Adria could feel the bubbling anxiety in her chest waiting for him to show.

He said he'd be here. The address was given and everything, she thought. With the burning glare from behind her mother's shades, she squirmed uncomfortably, releasing a small sigh.

He wasn't going to show.

Probably for the better. Her mother simply wasn't the politest to associate with, especially after a verbal battle.

Walking over to the car, she could hear the sound of skidding wheels, and a dramatic turn caused Adria to lay her eyes upon the green-eyed boy. He slowly halted in front of her, kicking up his skateboard, and running his gloved fingers through his hair. "I showed," he shrugged, a lopsided grin making its way across his face.

"Yeah, late," Nova muttered, as she pushed past to the passenger seat. Adria couldn't help but side-eye her, apologetically glancing toward Robby, who only stood amused.

"Nice to see you again Nova," Robby mocked, turning to enter the back seat beside Adria. She immediately pushed him back, as she pulled him to the side of the car. "Ignore my mother, whatever you do. She is going to try to make you feel like shit, which will mean she'll find any excuse for me to stop talking to you-"

"Adria, chill, you've already spammed me enough about her last night," Robby chuckled, pointing to his phone. "Besides with the look she's giving from within the car now-"

Adria glanced down to see her body practically leaning on the boy on the car and she cursed under her breath as she quickly grabbed his arm once more, dragging him into the car. Valentina simply tight-lipped smiled at the boy as she began to drive off, passing by Johnny who was obnoxiously stuffing more beer bottles into the waste compartment.

Adria scoffed, but she happened to be the only one who noticed as she turned back to see her mother side-eyeing the boy from the mirror.

She knew what was coming next.

A whirlwind of questions belittling the boy into running away. Another reason why Adria couldn't stand her mother at points was that she would do the exact same thing to her. Valentina could simply make her feel small to the point where she wished she never existed, wished she were hidden in some corner, wished she were a baby where she couldn't understand.