Got It

As she went through the job vacancies there. She saw a vacancy of marketing officer. Sure, she can definitely do this. She smiled as she clicked the ‘apply' button and put in the necessary credentials. Such as her age, name, passport and so on. She cross checked it again and submitted. Finally, luck was on her side.

She checked for the place the company was located. “Dallas, Texas.” She read it out.

“Wow, that’s nice. At least, Kelly and I would be able to get a good apartment.” She thought.

“That is if you get accepted.” Her subconscious mind added. She uttered a snort and removed her drive before clearing her account from the desktop. She paid for the services rendered and left the place.

**

Each and everything they were saying went through the left ear and came out at the right ear as Demetrius seemed immersed in whatever they were discussing.

“So are we done?” He asked when no one spoke up. Before he came, he already seen out a solution to the crisis they were facing so they literally wasted their time trying to explain to him. He swerved his head to look at Steven. “Give them the files.” He said, motioning towards them. Steven nodded his head curtly and walked over to them. He did his best to hide the smirk that was threatening to form on his lips as he placed the file before each of them. They all think their boss just came to listen to their gibberish.

After Steven was done, he went back to stand behind Demetrius. They all stared at the file, waiting for approval from Demetrius before they open it.

“you can open it.” He said and watched his their eyes bulge out as they read what was in there inwardly.

He sat down and listened to whatever rubbish they were spilling just for promotion or appraisal from the boss. They had just totally made a fool out of themselves.

Yes, he may behave like some psychopath or bipolar.

But yes, he knows what business was.

“I guess that is enough, right?” He asked, studying their faces.

“Erm… yes… sir…” They all stuttered, unable to take their eyes off the files. Like it was even better than what they had proposed.

“So the meeting comes to an end.” He said and stood up. They all stood up and bowed. He nodded his head and exited the hall.

“Wow, boss. That was a bomber.” Steven said with a grin. Demetrius stopped and looked at him out of the corner of his eyes.

“Utter another word and you will cease working in any of my companies.” He said sternly and Steven kept his mouth shut.

Now, that is how to train a wild dog.

He stalked his way into the elevator and Steven followed.

“Take me to a reputable restaurant.” He said as soon as they got to the exit of the company.

“Okay, sir.” Steven said and they entered the car.

~•~

“Mom, yes. I understand but at least when I go there…”

“You have not been accepted yet.” Maria cut her off. Ophelia rolled her eyes. She had just told her mother about the location of the company, she would be working for and her mother is throwing a huge fit about it.

Well, she does not blame her.

Like Ophelia was her only daughter. She was the apple of her eye and she definitely can't let her go.