23

~Ophelia's POV~

"Twenty five years old." I heard a masculine voice say.

Huh? I furrowed my eyebrows and shrugged. I must be hearing things.

"I said I am twenty five years old." The voice said again then it dawned on me that my boss was the one who talked. I whirled around immediately, coming face to face with him.

When did he get here?

Wasn't he just swimming a while ago?

I scoffed.

How did he hear what I said. Ohh, I must have said it loud.

"You are really younger than I thought." I said before realizing I spoke that louder than I expected. He was busy picking his shirt when he tilted his head up and gazed at my outburst. But what caught my attention was the boyish look that he gave out. He looked young and handsome and not to talk of that quality I had said earlier on. He was... H-

"Do you think drooling over your boss is good?" His voice cut through my brain. I quickly regained my posture and cleared my throat.

I cannot be drooling over him. Guys are not on my list for now. At least.

"And will you excuse me?" He asked and my eyes moved their own way down to his torso where he had wrapped a white towel round his waist. I fought so hard to take, no scratch that, drag my eyes away from him. I looked back at him and he raised his eyebrows. I blinked my eyes and batted my eyelids. Oh, yeah. Leave.

I gulped softly and literally scurried out of the suite.

Like how is it possible that my boss and I stayed in one suite together. I touched my cheeks and I could feel them covered with a shade of pale pink and they are burning hot with blush.

Gosh, he caught me drooling. Any punishment better for this?

I shook my head and stared at the huge surrounding of the hotel to get rid of the thoughts fogging my mind. Then it took me to my life with my mom and dad. We used to live a rosy life. We had everything. Money, love, happiness, joy but then I know not all things last long. Or maybe it was just a facade. I dared not eve think about that awful man. I know deep down I wish you see him and hit with a million blows for the main he made my mom and pass through. But I am gonna wait, things will go smoothly.

Let me have a secured and stable standard of living.

One thing about me is that I am easily carried away by the riches of the world. But who does not need the money?

I do and I am very sure you do.

Money works in every thing except salvation.

But if you don't wanna die in poverty, then you must be hardworking.

Like they say, 'God only help those who help themselves'.

I exhaled and took in the sight before me. I was so into the place that I did not notice Demetrius standing close to me.

"Seems you were meditating." He said with a underlayer of a teasing tone. I uttered a short snort at his silly joke.

~Demetrius' POV~

The dummy stayed in my private suite while I swam. I was just being sophisticated. I don't know why. The way my brother was staring at Ophelia kinda nerved me so much but what could I do. Not like, I was in love with her or anything but I just...

I looked around for her but she was nowhere to be found then I saw her back turned towards me. She was standing on the balcony, immersed in the sight that she did not notice me staring at her. Her green eyes turned to me as if she had just come out of her short reverie.

"Seems you were meditating." I teased and I heard her snort which would have gone unheard if I did not strain my ears a little bit.

I don't know why I lowered my guard and I am speaking to her casually like this but anyway, let me enjoy the moment to be in my element. No one has ever seen me like that, apart from my mother and Maureen and... HER. I shook my head off her name. Her name bring this rage hidden deep in me up. I curled my fist into a ball and breathe out harshly.

"Are you okay?" I heard Ophelia say. I turned to look at her. Her ex-boyfriend must so crazy to break up with her or even hurt her. I mean this lady standing here is... Shit, I should not be saying things like this about my Secretary. This is not some romance fiction. I have to take my gaze away from her but I found it hard. It was like impossible. I tried forcing it away her green orbs held my grey orbs captivated.

"Are you okay?" She asked again and that was all it took before it became awkward.

"Let's go." I said icily. It came out cold than I intended. I should not be feeling whatever I am feeling right now. It is impossible. I locked my heart long time ago after SHE broke it that day.

I walked out of the suite and she follower behind me, not questioning why I had spoken to her like that. I guess she was also caught up in her thoughts.

We moved into the elevator and pressed on first floor. After a while, we came out and walked out of the hotel. I paid no attention to the pleasantries I was receiving from people.

SHE ruined my mood even though she was not here with me. She was always capable of doing that.

The car drove straight before me. I hissed out subconsciously as I heard the driver jam the door shut. Ophelia entered the front seat without looking back at me.

"Drop Ophelia first then take me home straight away." I ordered. My mind is muddled. I cannot think straight.