Bossy

*Three days Later*

Kelly and Ophelia woke up quite early as they would be leaving for Texas today. Like they were anxious, especially Kelly.

Ophelia was dressed in a pair of black denim jeans and a white t-shirt matched with a pair of white sneakers while Kelly had a simple free gown and a pair of black sandals on. They both had their hair packed into a ponytail.

They stepped out of the room and saw Maria serving the food already.

“Good morning.” Kelly greeted while Ophelia mumbled and took a seat. Maria served them and soon began eating.

It was just some loaves of bread with tea. They quickly chewed.

After they were done they cleaned. They could not bother Maria to do it, right?

Kelly went in and pushed their suitcase towards the living room.

“Mom, we are ready to go.” Kelley said since she noticed that the mother and daughter did not talk to each other.

“Good bye, mom.” Ophelia forced the words out as she and Kelly dragged their bags out of the house. Maria walked outside with tears flickering eyes. Ophelia tried avoiding eye gaze with her. She also don't want to cry. For the past days now, they only talked for a small amount of time. They did not talk about Ophelia's moving to Texas. They could not.

“Okay, take care and also, good luck.” Maria managed to say with hesitation. Ophelia finally looked at her. Tears dripped down her face as she ran to meet her. She pulled her into a tight hug and cried on her shoulders.

Kelly smiled sadly as she watched the mother and daughter cry.

“Mom, I will miss you.” Ophelia sobbed.

“Ophelia, our flight is in three hours' time.” Kelly reminded her as she looked at her wristwatch. Ophelia pulled away from the hug and looked at Kelly then back at her mother.

“Mother, take care of your health and also remember to give me a call always.” Ophelia said and cleaned the tears of her eyes.

“Wish me luck.” She said and walked to meet Kelly. Maria sobbed hard as she watched her daughter walk away from her.

She burst into laughter filled with sorrow soon after. Her daughter has grown. Yes, she truly has grown. She should not worry anymore.

Ophelia turned back and looked at her. She waved at her and blew a kiss at her before entering the cab. She looked out of the corner of her eye.

“You can drive.” She said, sliding up the window. She has to make ways for her and stop her mother from working at the diner.

*

*

*

Demetrius walked faster as the black limousine drove straight in front of him. Steven hurriedly pulled the door open for him and he got in.

“Drive faster, my flight is in two hours' time and I must NOT miss it.” Demetrius ordered and the driver zoomed off even before he could complete his statement. His phone rang bringing his attention back. He pulled it out and saw the caller’s ID. It was his mother.

“Hey, mom.” He said as he looked out of the window.

“Where are you?” she questioned and he smiled.

“Almost the airport. Don't worry, I will get to Texas as soon as possible for your birthday.” He said.

“Better.” She huffed and he chuckled.