Chapter 95: Meeting the Parent

“I dragged you into this, senior.” Zan Zichen was a face of guilt as he scratched his head. “Ever since I was young… my luck hasn’t been very good.”

That was putting it lightly! It was definitely on another level, right?

“Why don’t… we take a break in the forest nearby?” he suggested.

“No!” Chatterbox Qin was the first to object. “With your luck, we would probably run into a demonic beast’s nest.”

Yao Si nodded. The experiences of the past month told her that it really might happen. Even though it might not be anything of high level and could be easily dealt with by his sword, another beast would probably appear in just a matter of minutes.

“Lets head to the river side instead!” She pointed in the opposite direction, playing close attention to his jinx nature.

Zan Zichen turned his head without any objection and started making a fire for cooking. Even though he was a jinx, his culinary skills weren’t bad at all. The duck blood curd he prepared with readily available ingredients was comparable to that of her nanny dad.

He was responsible for the meals throughout the trip and was a travel must have.

Yao Si finished three full bowls with satisfaction, feeling pleased and energized. Just as she was planning to get a forth bowl, her optical computer buzzed, and a sentence popped out.

[There is ten minutes left for the training you have registered!]

F*ck!

Yao Si’s hand trembled, and she almost dropped the bowl in her hands. Why was it ending so fast? Hasn’t it only been a little over a month? Wasn’t it supposed to be two months? She whipped out the timer in the optical computer.

As expected, it stated—59 days and 14 hours.

The reminder on the optical computer wasn’t wrong. This meant that it was probably due to her being sent to Region 4 which had a different time flow from the the planet of Shadow which caused the difference of some time.

“Senior, what’s wrong?” Zan Zichen asked, glancing over at her.

“Did you perhaps ingest some worms?” Qin Changle suggested.

Yao Si placed her bowl down. “I think… I think I have to go.”

“Go?” Qin Changle bolted upright. “Where do you want to go? Our contract hasn’t been resolved yet. Are you going to forsake me?”

“…” What the f*ck do you mean by forsake? Do you not know what it means?“Don’t worry, the contract will be broken once I leave.” She had intended to seek help from the service staff, but there wasn’t enough time.

“Are you sure?”

“I’m… sure?” Everything related to the indigenous tribes was prohibited from leaving the planet of Shadow, so once she reached the celestial realm, the f*cking contract would automatically be resolved… Right?

As opposed to Qin Changle’s agitation, Zan Zichen was much calmer after his initial shock. “Are you going to leave this world?”

“Yes.” Yao Si nodded. “There isn’t enough time.”

“Then… are you coming back?”

“I might not…” Dad doesn’t approve of my leaves! But wait a minute…  “You know about it?”

Zan Zichen nodded. “I could vaguely tell that senior is from the higher lands and will eventually head back.” But he never expected it to come so soon. Zan Zichen clenched his fists, bowing to her in respect. “Thank you senior for your guidance. I wish you eternal happiness, luck, and peace.”