21 | I'd Be the One Honoured

"What are you here for?" He frowned on seeing me.

"We need to talk, please,"

"Do you still think ___" I didn't let him finish the sentence, my eyes were filled with tears of regret.

"I'm sorry that I ever doubted you, please forgive me, please..." His expression relaxed a bit.

"It hurt; so much, that I realised I cannot move on without you," He stepped closer and took both of my hands in his. I looked up at him.

"I'm so sorry. So, so, so very sorry," Tears were rolling down my cheeks.

"Shh, I'm at fault too. I shouldn't have let her that close knowing she awaited a chance like that. Stop blaming yourself," He wiped my tears with his right index.

"Am I forgiven?" I managed to whisper.

"Under one condition," He said, making me frown in confusion and continued. "The place isn't appropriate and nor do I have the things one should have while doing this, but I know there cannot be a moment more appropriate than this," He let go of my right hand, held my left and went down on one knee. My heart fluttered in the anticipation of what was to come. "Will you make me the most happiest and the luckiest of men by accepting me as your better half?"

"Yes!" Before he could get up, I got down too and hugged him tightly. "I love you,"

"I love you too," Both of us stayed like that and the curtains to the stage were drawn down. "You nailed it," He whispered. "Now stop crying it was just a play."

"Yeah, but the fact that I actually imagined about how I'd feel if I ever doubt you isn't really helping," We stood up.

"You did, what!?"

"Mr. Yeoman, Ms. Kelsey, thank you for the wonderful performance, especially Ms. Kelsey. I was worried about how you were going to enact the last part as you refused to use glycerine. You proved my worries wrong," Mrs. Lily, the director of the event told us.

"That's my girl!" Came a voice filled with excitement.

"Ann!" I ran to her. "Winter holidays?" She nodded and hugged me.

"I'll take your leave now, thank you once again." Mrs. Lily walked away.

"Not fair, you get to hug your friend and I don't," Issac whined beside us.

"Come here Roan dear, daddy is suffering," Johann took the baby from Issac's hands while he made happy cooing sounds.

"Here I'm complaining about not being able to hug him and he wants my son instead, there's no room for friendship here," He sniffled, we all laughed.

"Relax babe," Ann pinched his cheek.

"The play was fab," Our family walked in on backstage.

"Thanks bro," Johann and Ryan bumped fists, Ann took Roan in her arms.

"You all right, sweetie?" Mummy asked.

"Yeah, just had to actually cry for the last part,"

"Don't tell me you imagined a fake scenario with one of us and made yourself cry over it!" Ryan turned me around to look at him.

"She did, we heard the director say something like that you know, like not using glycerine, blah, blah, blah." Issac said, I glared at him.

"Shut up," I mouthed which I don't know why, made him grin. Idiot.

"Fresh air is what she needs, son?" Uncle Nate winked at Johann.

"What was that?" I asked.

"You don't mind him honey, he's just being his own weird self." Aunt Nylah said, making us all laugh.