Chapter 28: Principal's Office

Germany

"Um... well... It uh... It wasn't the best day of my life... No..." I stumbled over words, my mind drifting off into sadness.

"Tell them." Iceland's hostile voice sounded across the air.

"Okay... Okay.. Well... Once upon a time..."

~Flash Back!~

(3 months earlier)

"So, You want to join us, eh?" The Russians voice boomed over the otherwise quiet forest. It was around sunhigh, and the heat of the sun made me sweat.

"Um... Yes?" My voice quivered as the nervousness set in. I had found them here in this forest and I thought it was a good idea to have some friends who could protect me if I needed them, that's how I got here. The Russian was giant and creepy, just like Russia. In fact they had many insanely similar features, from the accent to the freakish height.

"Okay then... You have one simple test. Very simple, Once you have done it, you will be accepted into our group." Uncertainty started to settle into me. What is this task...? Maybe I should back out...

"Okay..." WHY DID I SAY THAT?! I shivered

"Okay Then you will have to kill that Greenland freak." The taller country said bluntly, not daring to sugar coat it. I gasped then shook my head.

"I cant... I couldnt-'' I stuttered before being cut off.

"Either you kill him or I. Kill. You." I took a sharp breath. Maybe it would be better if I died... no... I'm sorry Greenland, I can't... I don't want to die...

"O-Okay..." The Russian began to laugh like a maniac.

"Good choice, Germany. Now, take this. He will be here in five minutes, kill him." The red country handed me a knife that had a dragon carved out on the handle. Its intricate detail of every scale made me want to store it in an ancient historic museum.

"What do I do?" I asked him as he started walking into the forest.

"Slit his throat." He slid his index finger across his throat mimicking the knife, then he pointed towards the clearing.

"Hide." He moved his finger over to the bushes then continued walking. I followed his instructions and jumped into the bush. I patiently waited for noise but nothing came until suddenly a red and white country emerged from the bushes. He was tall, around 6'2, and his clothes were made for summer. I'm so sorry for this... I thought, waiting a moment debating.

The Red and white country began walking towards the bush I was in before stopping. I shed a tear, scared of what might happen before quickly jumping out of the bushes making the bicolored country jump back in shock. His Yell out was cut short by the slicing of his throat. He quickly crumbled to the ground putting pressure on his own throat to try and stop the bleeding. It didn't work.

"W-what? Ge-Germany..?" He choked out, his own blood began to drown him. I sat down next to him, Moving his head into my lap. I silently stroked his hair, Fluffing it up

"I'm so sorry, Greenland..." A tear fell from my face onto the dying country's forehead.

"Why..?" He exhaled, failing to breath back in. His green eyes dulled and his muscles relaxed, His hair flopped back by the force of gravity.

"I'm so, so sorry..." I said, staring into his lifeless eyes. I heard a whine then another rustle, this one faded away getting further and further.