Chapter 14

Without giving it another thought Khushi got up, moved closer to Arnav, and hugged him. As if he was waiting for it, he hugged her back. Neither of them spoke a word, they stood like that letting all the emotions to a flaw.

Deep down Khushi knew this one single action of hers will haunt her for the rest of her life but she was willing to take that risk. This man has endured a lot of pain. He has done nothing wrong. All he did was work hard to make a better future for his family. That witch, how could she?

Arnav was lost, his mind temporarily stopped working and tonight he gave a chance to his heart to shine. Hugging Khushi made him realize what he is missing in his life. Just because one person broke his trust doesn't mean everyone else will do the same. Maybe it's time for him to let go of the past and move forward.

Both of them stood like that for a few more minutes before Arnav broke the hug.

"Thank You Khushi, I needed that"

"I am glad that helped Arnav Ji"

"And, thank you for all you did for my family. You didn't have to"

"My pleasure Arnav Ji. As I said, I don't mind cooking. Sifu is a very self-dependent girl, as long as you show the path she is fine. She does not need constant reminders. So I have some extra time on my hands"

"I'll keep that in mind for future Khushi. But let me tell you, telling your boss you have less work is not a smart move"

"But I am telling you the truth"

Arnav looked at this innocent creature. She is not built out for this world. Soon she steps out of this, the world will eat her alive.

"Khushi, let me give you a suggestion, you have to be a little selfish to live in this world. Shrewdness and a sharp instinct are necessities to survive in this world. Because you are innocent, you believe that rest of the world is too. But they are not. The world is as bad as it can get"

"Arnav Ji, I know. It's a crime to be nice in this world. Why do you think I do not go out much or I do not have many friends? It's only because I do not want to waste my energy dealing with this stuff"

"Too bad Khushi, because you don't have a choice. You can't stay in forever, one day or the other you'll have to go out and face the reality. So it's better to get ready now than get crushed later."

Khushi looked down and didn't know what to say. Because he is right. She can't hide forever and she can't be Sifu's nanny forever. After a few more years, Sifu will be able to do everything by herself, she'll start kindergarten and then schooling. So there won't be any need for a nanny.

Arnav saw Khushi's changing emotions and walked near her and touched her chin to make her look at him,

"Khushi, don't worry. You'll have me to support you. You aren't alone"

Saying that he moved a little closer to her and kissed her forehead.

Khushi was stunned as soon she felt his lips on her forehead. What is happening here? A few minutes ago she was hugging Arnav, now he was kissing her. Are there any more surprises left for the night? But she has to admit, that kiss was filled with promises and protection.

Arnav quickly moved away and uttering a good night went to his room. He didn't know what got through to him. Was it the heart-to-heart conversation they had? Was it the hug? Was it because he knew she no longer is his brother's girl? or all of the above?

Khushi also went to her room and hugged Sifu.

"Sifu, I don't know what is happening to me. Your Kuchi is losing herself and your papa is not helping either."