Chapter 36

"Chote, are you guys ready for tomorrow? Shyam has a strong case built for you. I will be his second chair"

"Let's get this done and dusted Di. I don't want that woman near Sifu ever again"

"Chote, that we can try but given the fact that she is Sifu's mother, it can go either way. But we are confident we can win the custody battle"

"But Di, Khushi is Sifu's mother now"

"Chote, Lavanya is the biological mother. Btw, I have news for you but promise me you will not get angry"

"What is it Di, what has she done this time?"

"Her lawyer might call Sifu to the witness box"

"What? How dare they think of something like that. She is only 4 years for god sake. It's already not fair for her to go through all these at this age and now they want to ruin her childhood? For what Di, for what"

"Chote, I know. This time Lavanya has stooped to another level. But the thing is judge might ask about Sifu's choice but I don't think the judge would allow Sifu on the stand. I was only informing you so that you know how low she can go. Also, I will file a motion of additional guardianship for Sifu making Khushi her guarding. In that way, if neither you nor Lavanya can come to a decision, Khushi can make it for Sifu"

'Go ahead Di, I trust Khushi so do as you feel"

"Have a good night Chote, see you tomorrow and try to get some sleep"

"Good Night Di"

Arnav disconnected the call and started thinking about his life. His one single wrong decision is now costing everyone. His parents are worried, and his sister, brother, brother-in-law and now his wife. All are worried.

Khushi entered the room with Arnav's coffee. One look at him and she understood something is wrong.

"Arnav Ji, is everything alright?"

"I am fine Khushi... actually I am, no everything is not ok"

Arnav explained the conversation he has with his sister.

"Call Sifu on the stand? Has Lavanya gone mad? She is 4 years, why would she even think something like that? I was going to ask you if we should leave Sifu with Payal tomorrow. I don't want her to witness this ugliness"

"Khushi, please have this misconception that a mother is someone who gives birth. Just because you give birth to a child does not make you worthy of the title. Look at you, you were worried for Sifu, you didn't even want her to be around the court but Lavanya, just because she wanted some money she is even ready to scapegoat her child. You have been more of a mother to Sifu in this short time than Lavanya ever was"

Khushi came close and sat next to him putting her head on his shoulder.

"Don't worry Arnav Ji, everything will be alright. But I still think we should leave Sifu out of it. Let's not take her tomorrow. If Judge request her we will ask for another date and then decide"

"Maybe you are right Khushi. Let's go and see the environment tomorrow then we can decide if this is suitable for Sifu"

"Come on Arnav Ji, let's go and sleep. We have a big day tomorrow.

"Good Morning Bhai, morning Khushi"

"Morning Akash"

"Ready for today?"

"We think so. But Lavanya is trying all her dirty tricks to get back at us"

"Bhai? What happened?"

Arnav explained to Akash what happened last night.