Chapter 31

"Khushi, you heard me, pack your bags and go back home"

Khushi couldn't believe it. She was fighting for this man with her own father. Maybe her father was right.

"Arnav Ji, please listen to me. We can talk this out. I am sure my papa will agree if we both talk to him"

Khushi was crying hard, she was wheezing and literally begging Arnav to look at her. But he stood there facing his back without an answer.

"Seriously Arnav Ji, you proclaimed to love me more than yourself but you backed off from the first hurdle? Is this your love? I fought for you and this is how you pay back?"

"Your father is in Payal's house. He did not want to come here to pick you up. So the driver will drop you off. End of discussion Khushi. Now please don't make it hard and leave"

"Are you giving up on us just like that? What about all those promises you made, were they only for the show?"

"Khushi, for the last time, pack ... your... bags.... and.... leave"

"Arnav Ji......... please"

"Khushi, don't make it harder than it already is"

"If it is harder then why are you doing this?"

"It's for your own good, it's for us Khushi"

"How come making me go away from your life, from Sifu's life is good for me? good for us?"

"Khushi, I don't have the whole day. Please do as I say"

She wanted to hit him, to shout at him, and to make him understand but he is not worth her time and energy. Maybe this is better. She got to know his true colors before their marriage.

She stopped crying and stood behind him.

"Ok, I will leave you forever, I will never come back to your life ever again. You are dead to me Arnav Ji, but I have one last request, hope you have the decency to fulfill that"

"What do you want?"

"I want to see Sifu before I leave"

"I'll ask my mom to bring her to you tomorrow morning so that you can meet her. Now please leave"

Arnav did not even bother to look at her. That was hurting her more. He was showing his back to her all this time. That's it. She gave him her heart and her soul but he paid her back with disrespect.

Khushi ran to her room, packed her bags, and didn't even wait for the driver. She called a cab and left that house without even looking back once. She cried as loud as she can, she cursed him, she cursed her fate but not a single sound came out of her.

Khushi stepped inside Payal's house to see Payal, her parents, Khushi's father, and her aunt all seated in the living room.

"Payal, he broke my heart Payal. I loved him from the bottom of my heart but he kicked me out as if I meant nothing to him"

Khushi ran and hugged Payal. All those tears and frustration that were building up were flooding now. Payal hugged her back.

"Shhh, Khushi don't cry. Everything happens for a reason"

"It hurt more when the reason is your own father. I lost him because of my father Payal"

Khushi broke the hug and looked at her father. She was shocked to see her father was actually smiling at her situation. He was showing her off that he won and she lost.

"I can't believe you, Papa, how can you smile after ruining your own daughter's life?"

No answer, he kept smiling. This was making Khushi angry.