Chapter 34

Khushi wasn't unaware of Payal's family situation. She did not want to be a burden to her family by leaving her father and her aunt there for a week. That's why when Arnav suggested that they come and stay with him, Khushi agreed right away.

Payal and her parents tried their best to keep them. But Khushi made a valid argument that she must go back because of Sifu. Arnav's parents will be busy with wedding planning and they won't have time to take care of Sifu. Also, she did not want Sifu to feel like she is getting neglected. Therefore, it's best if her father and aunt can stay with them until the wedding.

However, Khushi's aunt could only stay for a day because she had to go back for her treatments.

Arnav called in some help and changed Sifu's playroom into a guest bedroom for Khushi's father.

Akash suggested he can use his bedroom but Arnav insisted Akash move back into the house because they have lots of planning and he can use all the help can get.

It took Sifu almost a day to open up to Khushi's father but once she did, she never left him. Mr. Gupta after a long time felt happiness. But it was hurting him to think that he was going to ruin the life of this little bundle of joy.

Over the next few days, Mr. Gupta witnessed the bond between Arnav and Khushi. Whenever Arnav is around Khushi's smile never faded, and her eyes brighten up when she sees him. What shocked him the most was Arnav. Mr. Gupta thought Arnav to be a strict, get-to-the-point kind of person. But he was a kind, intelligent man.

The way Arnav loved Sifu was melting his heart. He has never seen a loving father like Arnav. Mr. Gupta admired how Arnav never sugar-coated anything out of love. If he can see something is wrong he will say it. He treated Khushi as an equal.

It was the day before the wedding and Arnav went to finish up some important business as he took a few days off after the wedding. They received a court date which was a week after their wedding. So they had less time to prepare.

Akash took Sifu for Ice cream and it was only Khushi and her father at home.

"Papa, what do you want to eat for lunch? Arnav Ji will eat out so as Akash and Sifu. It will be two of us"

"I am good with anything. Something simple maybe"

"Ok, papa. If you are bored come and sit in the kitchen. We can talk while I cook"

"I wanted to talk to you alone for a while now but something or the other came up"

"Good, we have the time today"

Saying that Khushi went to the kitchen. Mr. Gupta followed her. Although she is talking to him, never left a chance to make him comfortable around the house, he felt they are not as close as they used to be. Khushi hardly made eye contact with him, she no longer make jokes about him and most of the time their conversations were on point.

"Khushi, promise me you tell me the truth about what I am about to ask?"

"Why would I lie to you papa"

"Are you still angry with me? Tell me the truth"

Khushi stopped what she was doing, turned around, and looked at her father.

"Why would you think I am angry with you?"

"It's just you keep your distance from me, you don't look at me when you talk and I feel you are holding back something each time we talk"

"It's not like that papa. It's the wedding pressure. We have lost to do in a shorter time"

"See, again, you are not looking at me when you talk. What's going on? It is Arnav?"