~Chapter 22~| An unforgettable friend|

Irene's POV:

"Irene,you can leave,I'll have a talk with him".
John said.
"Wait what,John he might be my father."
"He also might not"he said looking at me with seriousness weighted all over his face.
"You go to Sebastian,he's having a hard time"
I didn't know what else to say.He was right,about both things. That man might not be my father,and I have to go to Sebastian.Im as worried about Max as he is.

I nodded my head up and down.

I went to Tony and Louis.
"Let's go guys,John,he'll come later"I said.
They both nodded.
"Yes,my lady"Tony replied.
I got in and like that we headed to out destination. The hospital where Max's in.
I really hope he'll be okay.I don't know exactly what happened,but I hope everything'll turn out just fine.

***
It was a 15 minute drive,not too far,and for that I was thankfull. I entered the hospital,and went to the receptionist.
"Hello,welcome to Mr.Vici hospital,how may I help you?" she asked with a sweet voice.
"I'd like to know where they put Max Martini,thank you"I said waiting for an answer as I heard her clicking the computers buttons.
"Yes,he's in this hospital,thirds floor,you can take the elevator it's in your right"she said pointing the elevator door.
"Thank you"I said and headed to the elevator.

I entered and clicked the 3rd floor button,with Tony and Louis behind me.Apparently they had to come with for safety reasons,and I'm okay with that.I felt the elevator lift up,and waited for it to stop.
"I hope Max's fine"I said.
"Don't worry my lady,Mr.Martini's a strong man.I looked over at Tony,who was the one who replied to me,and smiled slightly at him.

The elevator door opened,meaning we were now on the third floor. I was walking through the long hallways,until I saw Sebastian.
Lorenzo and Alex nodices me and the guards.
"Irene"they said my name and rushed my side.
"How's Max?" I asked.
"We don't know yet,he's still in surgery"Alex replied.

I looked over at Sebastian,he was looking down at the floor,with a cup of coffee in his hand.
I went over to him.
"Sebastian"I softly said his name, more like a whisper.
He looked over at me,his eyes still a bit teary.
I sat beside him,and he leaned in my shoulder.
"Max will me fine,trust me"I said to him.
He nodded.

Sebastian's POV:

I got my car started and went straight to the hospital where Max was in.I didn't want to leave Irene behind but she said she'll come behind me.

As soon as I arrived I ran to the receptionist and asked about Max.
"Hello,welcome to Mapple hospital,how may I help you?"
"Yes,Max Martini,he's in this hospital."
"Okay,it seems he's still in surgery,third floor"
I nodded,with my man behind me took the elevator straight to the third floor.
I was now waiting for Max to finish his surgery.
How can I be so stupid?I didn't even see who shot him.My leg was shaking thinking what'll happen if Max doesn't come out of that room alive. He can't just leave me like this.

                              *flashback*
"Hey,Sebastian come here!" Max yelled at me,looking all angry.And I did just that.
"Y'all finished your conversation?" I said crossing my arms, raising one eyebrow lowerin
the other.
"Yes,we did"he said.
"Did you really back me up yesterday?"he asked me. He skipped practice yesterday,so I made up the perfect excuse for him,without him knowing,as always.

"What if I did?" I said acting all tough.
"You motherfucker"he said smiling suddenly crossing one arm over my shoulder.
"You're a really good liar aren't you?" he asked me while smiling.
"No." I said and his smile faded.Then everyone started at me like I just said a nice word.
"I'm a pro at lying"
Everyone bursted out laughing.
"Yea,you are"Max responded.
                          *end of flashback*

"Hey,you alright?" Alex came to me,and sat beside me,handing me a cup of coffee.
"Uhhh... Yea... I'm fine"I said taking a sip of the drink.
"Did I just caught you lying?" Alex said trying to lighten up my mood,he always tried to.
"I suppose"I said smiling looking at the dark coffee.
"That's not right"he said. I just looked at him.
"He's going to be okay,you got nothing to worry about".
"Yea"I whispered.

Suddenly Alex got up,I wasn't really paying attention,until I heard a sweet angelic voice call my name.
"Sebastian?"
I looked over and it was Irene.My vision was a bit blurry due to the tears that I held back.
She sat beside me,and I leaned on her shoulder
"Max will be fine,trust me"she said.
I nodded.I couldn't even say anything.Im so lucky to have her by my side.

Just then the surgery room's door opened revealing the nurse and the doctor.

We all got up and desperate to know about Max.
"Doctor,how's Max,how is the patient"Alex asked.
"Yea,he's okay now right?" I asked.
The doctor and nurse got silent for a moment.
"Doctor,say something!" Lorenzo yelled at him.

Just then,another nurse left the room,with the white sheets covering a body.No.... It can't be possible.
"Doctor,did he make it?" Alex asked the doctor in tears.
"I'm sorry... He didn't make it. We did everything we could". The doctor said and left.
I dropped to my knees.
"Sebastian!" Irene yelled.
"Alex hold up,where are you going?" Lorenzo yelled at Alex,and started following him.
I had now started to cry.

"Sebastian?" Irene called my name.I looked at her,and leaned my head on my shoulder.
I didn't know what to say anymore.I can't believe Max left us like that.Irene was whispering sweet things in my ear,an I was holding onto that.
_______________________________
End of chapter twentythree.

Words: 1024