~Chapter 27~|The dark truth|

Irene's POV:

I couldn't believe my ears.
"What?!" I said loudly enough for Sebastian to hear.
"I need to go meet that man right-"I started but got interupted by Sebastian.
"Amore,what's wrong?"he asked concerned.

"I-"i started but didn't know what to say.I looked over at John and he had the same expression as Sebastian.
"He doesn't know about...?"John asked me.
I shook my head "no" in response.
"Sebastian,there's something I haven't told you yet.And I haven't because I didn't want to worry you." I confessed.
Sebastian was looking at me,in a way I'd never see before.Like he was disgusted by me or something.I quickly catch by breath and say:
"I have found my dead father.I know it sounds crazy and you still don't know anything about me yet,but if you let me I'll tell you everything"

"I thought your mother and father had died when you were 16-"Sebastian started.I looked at him confussed,how does he know about my past? I've never told him anything.
"But how do you..."
"I've done my research on you when I hired you of course.I wouldn't just hire someone like that." he said.

"Now,why wont you tell me the whole story? I want to know everything in detail."Sebastian said snatching me away from John.

***

I told Sebastian everything he needs to know.
I took away the part that i'm in the mafia,well was,now i'm no longer in it.Im not ready to tell him that,maybe I'll never be.

Now I'm currently in the car,with Sebastian being the driver and John in the front passangers seat.Sebastian desided to come with us,and since he already knew a little bit back story,he wouldn't be a problem.And he would never leave me alone with anyone,especially with John.I don't get why he doesn't like John this much.He knows he's my best friend and all.I looked over at them,and they were both as serious as ever.

John was looking at the road,concentrated
and Sebastian was doing the same.
Soon we arrived at the destination where John had left my father.He told me he left my father in one of the mansions Mr.Pacce had gave him and that he never really used any of them.

The mansion was pretty big,from the outside it was decorated with a big black front gate,front and back garden full of all kinds of flowers,but from the windows it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in ages.We got out of the car,and started walking to the front gate,where two guards where standing at each side of it.
"Welcome boss"they greeded him.John nodded his head and kept walking.As were entering,I turned my head to the guard on the left,and caught him already staring at me.I slightly waved my hand to him in response and kept walking.
The tiles were of hard rock,different colors.Light grey,dark grey,and black.It really decorated the path.

"I keep at least 2 guards at all the mansions I own,just incase someone tries to rob them."
John finally spoke.

We entered the mansion,and immediately I got a bad energy of the house.Something felt just so...off.
"John,I don't have a good feeling about this.Something just doesn't feel right."I spoke up.
"You okay Irene?"he asked.Sebastian's attention also turned to me.
"No,it's not about me,it's something about this place."
John slightly clenched his jaw,but I could see it
Is he hiding something?
"I'm sure it's nothing,maybe it's just because it's a bit dusty in here.Let's go." he said and with that he ended the conversation.
"Amore,something wrong?" Sebastian asked.
"No"I shook my head.He wrapped one hand around my waist and we walked together to the basement.

When we reached the bottom of the stairs,my breath got cut in half by what I saw.It was indeed my father,but this time covered in brueses and blood.He looked much older than I remember even though it had been just 4 years without me seeing him.My feelings were messes up.I felt anger,but at the same time i wanted to jump in his arms and hug like we used to.

"Irene,it's okay"John said,seeing in what state I was.Sebastian's grip got tighter around my waist,seeing my father.
"Is that you father?" He asked with an angry expression.
"Yes"I responded.He quickly let go of my grip and jumped on John.
"What kind of sick game is this?" Sebastian asked,grabbing John by his collar and pinning him to the wall.
"I have no idea what you're talking about"John said confused.
"Sebastian let him go! What are you doing!" I yelled at him.Why did he get so angry all of a sudden?

"Hahahahah"we heard laughter behind us.It was my father.He was laughing like he'd seen the funniest thing in his life.
"Father...?"I whispered.
"Perché stai ridendo ora eh? Dovrei essere io a ridere vedendoti così"Sebastian added.My father immediately stopped laughing,and realized who Sebastian was.He immediately put a face of fear.
"Sebastian,do you know him?"
"Irene, he's my enemy.We thought he died years ago."he said looking at me. "But I guess he's not"he turned his head to my father once again.

"Irene?"my father called my name.My heart broke into little pieces hearing him call my name again.I started tearing up,but didn't want to get close.If he loved me,he wouldn't just leave me for 4 years.I rolled my fists up so tight,to the point they were shaking.My body creaved to go hug him,it was like I met a lost piece in my heart.

"You..." I started talking.My lips were trembling,but I managed to get myself together.
"I only have...one question.And after that I don't want to see you ever again." I said turning to him,but not getting close.
His eyes widen."W-what do you mean?You must not be on your right mind.Go ahead,ask me the question."
"Irene relax"John said.
"Why did you leave me?" I asked heartbroken.
The whole room got silent.Everyones eyes widen,including my father.
"I-i didn't leave you my dear"
"YES YOU DID!Yes,you fucking did.I just don't get it.Was there something wrong with me or what? Just tell me!"
"Irene!"Sebastian jumped in my arms.
"Just... Calm down okay?Calm down for me baby." he whispered in my ear.

"I didn't have any other choice okay... I had to.I didn't want to lose you too."he said.
"I didn't want you to get in the mafia,since.. you were just too innocent and weak for it.I thought if I left you,you'd have a normal life.That would be the best thing for you.The mafia was never meant for you,Irene."
Sebastian let go of me,making sure I calmed down.
"So... you thought leaving me all alone,in a small apartment... A 16 year old girl,having no money,no idea what the outside world is like,kicked from the mafia was the best idea to keep me safe? Was it me or the mafia you cared for,father?"

His eyes widen.He was left speechless and so were the others.
_______________________________
             End of chapter twenty seven

Words: 1227