Chapter 2

"Don't you think that it is kind of stupid?" I ask Peeta, while paying for my cappucino.

"No way, why would ever say something like that?" Peeta says pretending to be hurt, paying for his drink too.

"It just seems to me that YOLO is something a guy with a middle age crisis would say." I pipe up.

"Allow me to disagree, Miss Everdeen." Peeta says, taking a sip of his coffee, while we walk across the campus together. Both me and Peeta are taking economics so we've been having classes together.

"You know I'm right. Think well about it. Yolo is something someone says when they are desperate to live, as if They're about to die or something." I argue. Peeta shruggs "So? Aren't you going to defend your beliefs?" I mock.

"Well, Katniss. I'm not gonna argue, what you said right now is right. Very right. There's nothing to argue about that. But it's not only about that." Peeta says truthfully.

"What is it about then?" I ask, a sligh smile playing on the corners of my lips.

"Have you ever heard of Adrenaline, Sarcastic Girl?" Peeta asks with a goofy smile. I nod. "Well, That's what it is all about. Since the first moment when I first tried it, it's been like a drug to me. Something I can't get enough of, and I don't think there's any problem about that." Peeta wisely says.

"What's the big deal about adrenaline?" I ask.

"Have you ever had that feeling in the pitch of your stomach, that makes you move, a feeling that, how to put this, tickles? Well That's adrenaline." Peeta says and I can't stop noticing how stupid this conversation is going. A feeling that tickles?

"Seriously?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"That's why you don't understand what I mean. You've never tasted adrenaline! And I'm going to fix that!" Peeta says.

"And how would we do that? Smoke pot? "I joke.

Peeta chuckles "No, Katniss. I don't think you're ready for that. Plus, have you ever seen someone high? Because trust me, spending two hours staring at your hand doesn't precisly flatter you."

I laugh "So no drugs?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"No drugs. And, by the way, They're very bad for your health." Peeta warns.

"Seriously? What happened to yolo or whatever?" I mock.

Peeta, again, chuckles. It's actually kind of interesting how someone who can make others laugh so easily never laugh himself. "I don't want to die young, Katniss, and I'm pretty sure neither do you." He explains.

I nod in agreement. "So, I've decided I'll take you to one of my adventures. And I swear, I barely never take anyone on my adventures!" Peeta says excitedly, trying to make the subject sound some sort of legendary.

I find myself giggling on response.
I quickly have a look at my watch.
"Oh, shoot, We're late." I say.

"Oh, really?" Peeta simply says, throwing his now empty plastic cup of coffee. I sight in annoyance. Since I started walking with Peeta to the classes I've barely never arrived on time. This is usually due to the fact that Peeta is always so calm, taking everything easy, as if it doesn't really matter. I don't think he ever stressed over anything.

"Can we just make a dash for it, I really don't want to be late again." I say.

"What's the diference? We're already late so, even if we arrived later it's irrelevant." Peeta says calmly. I can't believe I'm saying this but it actually makes sense.