CHAPTER FOUR

"SHORI STILL hasn't gone for school."

Mazu-chan sighed when Sheiki stated the fact.

They are currently on the rooftop eating their bentos as their lunch.

"Un! Sou also, right?" She replied asking.

Sheiki nodded. "He didn't even bother to text or chat me. It's kind of weird knowing that those guys can't stand a day without beeping us. What's wrong with them?!" Sheiki said, obviously frustrated.

She's right.

Shori and Sou were absent these past three weeks, and those guys didn't even wasted even a single time to text or even chat them about the reason why they were absent.

On the first three days, they thought that maybe they were just sick but after a week and now, the both of them can't help but to feel worried.

What if something happened and they don't have any idea of what's going on?

After her date with Shori, they were still texting each other on that night but after that night, no text coming from Shori.

And she is freaking worried of Shori's situation since she doesn't have any idea on what he is doing right now or even where the hell he is.

She came to realize that even though the both of them like each other, she doesn't know much about Shori but one thing that she was sure of, is that they love each other.

She can clearly trust Shori's words because it was written all over his face and she can mirror love in his eyes. But now, without any clue on where he is, she is starting to doubt everything.

Shori's words, his actions, his feelings; she doesn't know right if all of those were true knowing that Shori is making her feel worried.

Mazu-chan and Sheiki went back to their classroom the moment the bell rang.

They didn't even finish eating or even eaten half of their bentos.

The both of them feel weak and they don't have the appetite to eat since all of the things that were inside their minds were those guys, Shori and Sou.

They walk like zombies on the hallway when suddenly both of them were shocked to see the guys on their minds in front of them.

Unconsciously, she went to Shori and impulsively hugs him. With all her might, she hugs him so tight that she doesn't want to let go of him. Without having a clue, her tears suddenly fell off to her cheeks from her eyes.

Shori immediately hugs back to her with the same intensity and slowly unravel their hug. Shori uses his both hands on each side of her head to make her face Shori's.

Shori looked into her eyes and gives her a weak smile. "Now, now. Don't cry." He said with a weak smile, and he gently brushes away her tears using his fingers on her face.

"Where have you been? I've been waiting for you." She asked.

"I have an appointment. Don't worry. It's all settled now and we are ready to back to school." Shori was obviously making his voice sound lively, but she knows the happy tone of his voice more than Shori can imagine.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked.

The smile on Shori's face disappeared when she said those words.

The classes have started so that means, no one will bother them there that moment.

"Shori, is something wrong?" She asked.

Shori looked at her and gave her a sad smile.

"I don't want to make this issue long so..." Shori stopped for a while to sigh before he continues. "I quit."

Nervousness succumbs her being.

What the heck does he mean with 'I quit', huh?

Her heart is uncontrollably thumping so fast that she can feel that anytime, his heart can suddenly burst out from her body. Her legs started to shake and feel weak but still, she can manage to stand up that moment.

"What do you mean?" she asked to clarify things up.

She doesn't want to conclude or to react immediately without clarifying things that supposed to be explained. So, she is giving Shori the opportunity to stop her bad thoughts by explaining the issue furthermore.

"I have a press conference tomorrow." Shori sounded sad as he started. "But before anything else, I want to say sorry for making you worried these past weeks. With the reaction and expression on your eyes earlier, I made a decision on that moment." Shori sighed before continuing speaking.

"Actually, me and Matsushima-kun were absent because there was a report leaked that I have a relationship with an ordinary girl. My manager and the entertainment instantly called me to discuss about the topic and they made me choose between my career and our relationship.

At first, I was shocked and indecisive because I don't want to lose any of those choices. I love my work because I have been in the entertainment industry for so many years now but on the other hand, I don't want to lose you because our relationship was just starting and I'm happy whenever I'm with you.

And just like I've said earlier, I was still indecisive with my decision, whether I choose my career over you or vice versa. I tried to explain to our boss and my manager that I can't afford both my career and you, but they want me to decide before everything's late.

When I saw you running towards my direction earlier and gave me a hug. Something inside me told me that I can't afford to lose such person. And the moment I saw your teary eyes, that was when I decided to choose you over my career."

The tear in her eyes started to flow on her cheeks from her eyes.

The overwhelming happiness and sadness inside her started to build up. Happiness– because she's happy knowing that Shori can give up something that he loves for her. Sadness– because she can't afford to see Shori sacrificing something for her.

"But... you love what you're doing especially your work. Your work was there first before you met me, so why choose me?" She said.

Shori approach her and hug her again and with that she burst out to cry.

She can't help but to feel the mixed overwhelming feelings building up inside and only through crying that she can let out those feelings.

"I don't care about it anymore. The most important thing here is that I don't want to lose you. I already achieved my goal to star in a movie and dramas, and I already felt the popularity that I want. Those were enough for me right now because I can't find another Mazu-chan in this whole world. Because for me, there is only one Mazu-chan and that's you."

"But..."

"No buts. Don't worry. Everything will be alright after the press-conference. Our relationship will still be the same and we don't need to worry about the reporters or any issues anymore because I'll quit."

Mazu-chan can't find the right words to say after Shori shush her.

She doesn't know what to say anymore, knowing that Shori have already decided.

She just hopes that this will turn out well and everything will fall into their pieces somewhere in the end.

She hopes so.