17

Chapter 2 - How Does This Happens

-

Loguetown, the place where the first pirate king was born and died. They docked on that exact island, they wore some cloaks to hide their recognizable faces. After all they were the most wanted people in the world.

The trio went into the town to look for some food. Luffy even while being in the form of a little kid ate for 10 adult men, not even talking about Sabo and Ace. They were all bottomless holes.

Ace was walking with Luffy, holding his little hand. He glanced at the boy. He looked really weird. Noticeable little swirls all over his body and those empty eyes of his. It worried Ace. 'How could you become like this?' Ace wondered. He wanted to truly know why Luffy, after his painful death, became alive again.

After some time they stopped in front of some stalls. Meat, Fruits, Vegetables from all over the world, this town was pretty wild for tourists.

"Let's split up." Shanks suggested and he went to some stalls himself. Sabo looked behind him and saw Ace, who just nodded. He then went his own way to inspect some stalls. Ace was left alone with Luffy.

"Guess we're together." He smiled, Luffy only glanced at the man then looked back on the road. Ace frowned at the reaction of his little brother. 'Can't you smile back?' Ace thought irritated. Then something catches his attention, he went to a stall where he saw a bright green necklace. 

"Interested?" An old woman that apparently was selling those said. She had some kind of robe on her, shadowing her face.

"No, thanks." Ace sweatdropped, he didn't know why he wanted to get the necklace so badly, but something was telling him that it was dangerous to even look at it. Luffy was only looking at the stall. After a while Sabo, Shanks and Ace reunited in some centre. 

"What did you get?" Sabo asked.

"Meat and some pears." Shanks answered. They glanced at Ace. He was deep in thoughts. Sabo clicked his fingers.

"Where's your bag? Did you buy anything?" He asked, clearly annoyed. Ace jumped in surprise. He then caressed his neck.

"Sorry, I haven't." He laughed nervously.

"Haaa...that's why I bought more, because I knew you would forget." Sabo facepalmed.

"Sorry..." Ace frowned, he glanced at Luffy who was only holding his hand. Normally Luffy would run around in order to find something interesting. But here he didn't do it.

"Let's go back, we need to get to the Grand Line before midnight." Shanks said and started to walk in the port's direction. Sabo and Ace walked behind him.

"What's wrong?" Sabo asked while carrying too many bags.

"Nothing, I just saw something." Ace took some bags from Sabo, Luffy was walking in between them, so they could see him.

"What?" Sabo asked curiously. Ace was silent for a while, but before he could answer something exploded in front of them. It caused their hoods to flow from their faces but they were more worried about the explosion.

"What the hell!" Ace exclaimed. 

"First let's get out of here!" Sabo grabbed Luffy by the other hand and ran in another direction.

"Shanks!" Ace shouted, he was actually worried for the man, cause he didn't want a man, who saved Luffy and helped him, to be harmed. Then his eyes widened, he saw Shanks fighting with someone. He stopped.

"What are you doing, Ace?! We need to get out of here!" Sabo exclaimed.

"I can't let him be hurt! Luffy would be mad at me!" Ace said. His tone was strange. He spoke as if Luffy was still dead, possibly he was still thinking his little brother was dead.