18

Chapter 3 - Finding From The Beginning

-

Keep something for you. Some words sounded in his ears. He sat up and breathed heavily. He placed a hand over his face, terrified. He turned his head around and saw the necklace. It was lying on the desk beside his bed. He took it. The green light reflected in the crystal was intimidating. Then he touched the crystal. He felt a sudden headache.

"Ugh!" He dropped the necklace on his lap and was holding his head in pain.

For you. Again those words. He didn't know what was going on, he couldn't remember. He wanted to remember. After some painful fighting he heard someone running to the door.

"Luffy!" Ace busted through the doors and ran up to Luffy's bed, when he was still holding his head from the pain. Luffy's eyes widened. Ace was crying a little. "What's going on?!" He was shouting through the tears. Luffy blinked. He was sitting on the bed, blanket on his body and the weird necklace on his lap.

"Who are you?" Luffy tilted his head. Ace flinched and stepped back.

"W-what...?" He trembled. Soon Sabo and Shanks were in the room. They all looked in worry at Luffy, who was only blinking and glancing from person to person.

"Luffy! Are you alright? Something's hurt?" Shanks walked closer and patted Luffy's shoulder with his right hand. He glanced at the man, his hair was scarlet and he had three scars on his eye.

"Lu..." Sabo whispered. Luffy's body was still that of a 12 year old, but they thought that he would remember some things. "You said my name, remember?" Sabo asked the confused Luffy. They looked at him, expecting some miracle. Luffy blinked a few times. His mouth said something, but no sound came out. He glanced at his lap, he had the necklace there, he took it and touched the crystal delicately. They were observing the kid in confusion and worry. Luffy closed his eyes.

"S...Sabo?" He said. Their eyes lightened. He said it!

"Yes! Yes, Luffy it's me!" Sabo hugged the kid.

"Aww...I wanted to be the first!" Ace puffed his cheeks.

"You remember, it's me Shanks!" The man then asked. Luffy tilted his head, then it was all red from thinking.

"No Luffy, don't think too much!" Ace and Sabo exclaimed and Luffy stopped.

"It's good that you remember something..." Ace smiled. There were some sniffs heard. Shanks was depressed and was crouching on the floor with knees to his chest. He was making circles with his finger. Sabo sweatdropped.

"Maybe that necklace has something to do with it?" Ace asked. "It was suspicious from the first time I saw it..." he crossed his arms.

"Yeah, I assume it somehow brings Luffy's memories back a little." Sabo nodded. Luffy was looking out of the window. Sabo walked to the bed and sat on a small stool near it. He took Luffy's hand, which caused the letter to turn around to look at him.

"Luffy...do you want to wear it? For us." Sabo was holding Luffy's hand. Being kind was the best option in this situation, getting him to wear it would cause him to be scared or confused more. Sabo decided that it was Luffy's choice and he would respect it. It was silent for a while.

Luffy was looking blankly at the brothers. He then nodded. And Sabo smiled. He grabbed the necklace and very delicately placed it on Luffy's small neck. They all were looking in worry, what If it won't work and Luffy will only be hurt? A minute then two passed and nothing happened, not even a headache. What surprised them was that Luffy had his eyes closed all the time, he was patient and silent, not like Luffy... . Then they heard a noise. It was Luffy's stomach.