( xii. follow my voice )

❝ 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐞. 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝒇𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒚 𝒗𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒆. ❞

════ ☆ ★ ☆ ════

𝗺𝗮𝗴𝘂𝗶_𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗰𝗲𝗶𝗿𝗼 𝗉𝗈𝗌𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗂𝗋 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 . . . !

𝖵𝖨𝖤𝖶𝖲: catarinabmaia, joaofelix79, liaithink & 527,002 others

joão stared down at his phone. lia was getting the food they'd ordered a few minutes ago and he stayed in the car, waiting for her. he doesn't know the context of magui's story, but it hurt him. magui seemed so perfectly fine without him, like she doesn't need him.

he let his head fall onto the window as he turned off his phone. he's very much hurt and he doesn't know what to do about it. he doesn't want to seem jealous or desperate so he won't reply to magui's story.

what would lia do?

     what would she say?

lia opened the driver's door and then climbed into the car. joão grabbed the food as she did so. lia looked at joão and noticed his saddened expression. "what happened?" she asked, moving her body to face him.

"nothing. i—"

"joão." she raised a brow.

"magui." something about lia's energy made him feel threatened. not in a bad way, though. it's a strange feeling, but he feels like he can't hide anything away from her. lia feels so present and so real that lying to her feels like committing a crime . . . and he barley even knows her. "she posted a picture with a guy."

"oh, yeah." she slowly moved her head up and down. "i saw that."

"should i say something?"

"no!" lia exclaimed. "you can't do that. silence her instead."

"i'll do that when we get to the house." he looked away.

"now." lia's voice came out harsher than she expected it.

joão swallowed thickly. "okay, mom." he joked as he turned on his phone then, silenced the notifications on instagram. "happy?" joão asked when he noticed that lia was staring at his phone to make sure he actually did it.