( xv. forget it )

❝ 𝐬𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐲? ❞

════ ☆ ★ ☆ ════

"can i know why saak and azul wouldn't let me go up to you guys?" joão asked as they both walked into the beach house. lia peeked through the window next to the front door and waved goodbye at saak and azul.

     they drove off and lia waited for them to disappear out of her sight before looking over at joão.

"be fucking for real right now, joão. how did you not get the hint?" lia shook her head.

joão shrugged, "is he like a . . . mafia boss?" chills ran all over his body as he said this.

"are you being serious?"

"yes!"

lia shook her head. "a drug trafficker." she whispered.

joão widened his eyes, "so that's why he looked so similar to that one guy from narcos: mexico."

"nuh uh!" lia quickly shook her head. "ramón is actually good looking."

"excuse me?" joão examined lia's face and furrowed his brows when he noticed that she was being serious. "he was a murder! not to mention he was probably the one that killed alex."

     lia pursed her lips as she pondered for a few seconds before speaking up again. "yeah, but manuel masalva is still hot."

     joão shook his head, "you're just horny."

     "pues, quítame las ganas." she muttered. her eyes widened when she realized what she'd just told him. her face turned red and her hand flew to her mouth.

     "uhm . . . wha—what did you say?" joão asked taking a few steps closer to her.

     "uh . . . no—no nothing." she avoided eye contact with joão. "i'm—i'm drunk."

     "you had just two shots of mezcal, lia." he stood in front of her.

he reached his hand for lia's cheek but she took a step back. "that shit goes hard, you know?" she spoke as she took a few steps away from him.

pendeja!

joão sighed as he noticed that lia wasn't corresponding to his advances. last thing he wants is to scare her away. he took a small step back to show lia that he wasn't gonna try anything.

"i'm sorry for tonight, joão." lia spoke up when she felt an awkward silence growing. "we were supposed to have fun and he came up." she chewed on the inner side of her lower lip.

joão breathed, "oh, uhm . . . that's alright. it wasn't your fault. if anything it was his." he stayed silent for a few seconds starring at lia. "i'm the one that should've stepped in. i'm sorry for not doing so."

"no, joão! don't be sorry for that. there's nothing you could've done to get me out of that situation. i'm— it's fine." she stepped close to him, but she still kept some distance.