( xvi. she's not wrong )

❝ 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐲𝐞𝐭. ❞

════ ☆ ★ ☆ ════

"do you think i should block her?" joão asked as he sat on the couch. "i think it's better."

"just mute her." lia spoke from the kitchen. "she'll still text you, but you won't get the notification." she threw a plastic bottle into the trash.

     "why?" lia looked over at him with her brows raised. "you don't want to be interrupted next time we—?"

     "joão!" she crumpled up a a paper towel and threw it at him. "we agreed on forgetting about that and it's not happening again."

"why not?" a playful smile spread on his lips. "i know you want to."

"joão, stop!" lia hissed. her face is red and she can barely look at him in the eye. "what did magui say?" lia asked, facing the opposite direction joão was at.

     "she's says i'm cheating on her with you." joão stood up from the couch and started to make his way over to lia.

     "she's not wrong, though." lia murmured, not realizing that joão was a few feet away from her and had heard her.

     "that's not true because i haven't actually fucked you yet." lia jumped when she heard his voice and then quickly turned to look over at him.

     "you still cheated."

     "no. we're in a break." he shrugged as he said it so carelessly. "and i thought you said to forget about it. so it didn't happen." he repeated her words, which made lia sigh.

     "no, but it actually did happened." she scratched the back of her neck.

     "no it didn't." joão pressed his lips together to stop himself from smiling. "i don't know what you're talking about." he looked at the ceiling as he felt like he was about to smile at anytime.

     lia made her way over at him. "joão, i'm being serious." she lowered her voice.

     joão looked down at her. "i'm being serious too." he grinned.

     "you're such a child." lia rolled her eyes.

     she was about to walk away, but joão grabbed onto her arm and held her in front of him. "don't say that because that would make you a pedo." he laughed.

     lia slapped his shoulder. "shut up." she shook her head.

"make me." he laid his hand on the side of her neck.

lia's breath hitched in her throat. joão took a few steps forward, which made lia step back. she stared at his lips and everything from last night came flying back into thought. she fell asleep thinking about him.

"i—" joão kissed her. he couldn't help it. it's almost as if she craved her. he felt like there was something unfinished between them. even if she said that they should forget about it, he actually couldn't because no one had kissed him the way that she kissed him last night.