nine

since the incident at home, chrissy had been staying at the banks house every night

since the incident at home, chrissy had been staying at the banks house every night. they didn't seem to mind, adam's mom liked having her around since she never had a daughter, and mr. banks enjoyed discussing hockey with her.

she had called her mother the night of the incident to let her know she was staying, but never gave the full details as to why. any sane parent would want their child home by now, but the rodgers family didn't seem to care too much.

she felt a little guilty bothering the banks family, eating their food, sleeping in their home, but adam continued reassuring her that it was alright and that he preferred it.

the girl was sat on adam's bed playing with his rubix cube while the boy was grabbing clothes out of his drawer still being very quiet.

"so, you think coach is gonna let us travel? i really really want to see the hollywood sign." she grinned excitedly looking over at her best friend.

"uh, i dunno. maybe." adam replied seeming disinterested. the brunette sighed at his response getting frustrated with his attitude.

"what's up with you? you've been weird since we left practice." chrissy bluntly questioned stepping by his side.

adam paused for a moment stopping what he was doing, "i just don't like that conway's all over you all the time." he expressed looking away from her.

chrissy internally groaned. she thought she'd been through this already with adam, "look, charlie can be annoying but you know he's not a bad guy."

"yeah." the boy shrugged although he still wasn't completely sold that charlie was just a friend to chrissy.

"i'll be back." the brunette informed him, zipping her backpack and heading to the door.

"where are you going?" adam called out. "connie's. it's a girl thing." chrissy explained, flipping her body around to face him.

"oh. all right. have fun with that." adam backed off not even wanting to know the details, redirecting his attention elsewhere.

"thanks." chrissy gave the boy a small smile before walking out the door.

🏒

the girl in fact was not going to connie's. instead she was at her lake spot. it was warm this time of year so she couldn't skate, but it was still a nice area to sit and think.

chrissy didn't like to lie to adam, he was her best friend after all. but she just needed some time to herself. after everything that's happened, she needed a moment to catch up as her mind has been going a mile a minute.