Chapter 36

"Someone wants to ruin our relationship."

In a matter of seconds, Cate's forehead suddenly furrowed. It is the same look she gives me when she doesn't like something that is happening or has told her. But I knew her too. I knew beneath of that look, she also had a shock in her. Of course.

"...O-or it's just me? I don't know..." I added after seeing how she reacted. But it's a little bit true too. I don't know whether they want me ruin or us. But I'm confident they want this to affect us.

And I would never let them get that.

"W-wha--h-how'd you even...came up with this accusation? That is--" She exhaled with a noticeable shakiness before glaring at me, unhappy, "That is not a good joke, y/n."

And that stutter, how she blew out a sigh. She could look angry, and I knew I had wanted her to get mad at me, but I knew better. I got her scared, maybe a little or too much. Either way, the confession that I told her made her afraid.

So, I told Cate, "I know it doesn't look real, but," I raised my hand, "I promise I'm not kidding. I've been trying to figure out who the hell is stalking me, but until now, I have none."

Cate's eyes suddenly widened, maybe surprised by another revelation I had told her. Then, she looked at me, more frightened, "Someone is stalking you? Why are you telling me just now?" She held my hand, and I felt it. Her hands are cold as ice.

If I'm going to ask her if she's scared, surely Cate will not gonna give me a straight answer, so instead, I tell her, "Catie, I assure you that you don't have to be scared for me. They didn't do any harm--"

Because of what I've said, Cate scoffed, looking at me as if I was saying something stupid, "What, you want me to wait for you to get harmed before I get scared? That's what you're suggesting?" She asked with her sarcastic tone yet still with her serious face.

I shake my head, "No, of co--of course not. But I'm okay, you see?" I squeezed her cold hands, still trying to reassure her, "I'm good. I handled it for two days, and I still have a complete body."

I tried to smile at her, yet Cate still reacted, squeezing my hands tightly, making me look at her with worry. Her eyes are widened for another moment, which made me feel bad again. "Two days?" She breathes slowly, "So since you've disappeared..."

She said the latter as a statement than a question, sounding like she already knew about it, and I felt caught, just like what happened a while ago.

But, I hid my fear and nervousness from this other confession. So, I stood up to finally get the proof, yet before I could leave, Cate held my wrist, "where are you going?"

"give me a minute," I said before quickly leaving our room. I remembered tossing my bag on one of the chairs, and I was right. Thank god I brought--

"Y/n?"

Of course, she will follow me here.

"Wait--I have proof, t-they gave it to me--" I stopped, then I looked at Cate, who was watching me look through my bag, so I looked back at what I was doing, "Just wait for me outsi--Oh, here!"

I turned around at her and smiled like it was an achievement to finally found the envelope. "I-I saw this outside of our room," I pointed to the door outside, "I was here when I told you I couldn't come with you. And i-it was strange because everyone could've found this, anyone could've seen this... but no one did, I did." Then I tried to hand it to her the envelope, "I thought it was one of your fans who found our room, but I was wrong when it mentioned my name in there." I gulped hard like there was a rock that I had to swallow in my throat. "They sent me some pictures, Cate, and it was a threat. To me. I don't know, but I got scared that day that they'll follow me at your event. I was terrified that they'd do something worse than stalking." I tried to look at her, pleading she would get what I had to do, "That's why I told you I'm not coming, that's why it's alright you're not there at the party...but I know it's not much important, but I still saw you there, Cate. I can't miss the event that I've been excited to see. I watched your film with you, along with the crowds, even though they might be anywhere. I just--I had to hide myself...."