Chapter 37

AN: AAAAA I'm back! This contains 8,600 words so I'll hope it's worth the wait T.T
-------------------------

Morning.

"Are you ready?"

I heard Cate shout from outside, probably done doing her little makeup while I was changing my clothes in the bathroom.

It was only eight o'clock in the morning, but both of us decided to get out of bed to get ready for the day. Well... of course, there are a few lazy cuddles here and there. Almost never wanted to get out of each other's embrace, as if it's been ages since we snuggled like a teenager.

For all the things that just happened recently, we, at least, deserve a little flirting in the morning. 

I mean, common. No one can judge us. We missed each other. 

As for our morning date, we decided not to talk anything about my mother until we needed to. I told Cate that I want to enjoy my day with her rather than stress about what will happen next. It was good because Cate wanted that too, and I quote, "Let's just focus on our own world later."

I look in the mirror for the last time before I go out. Sitting on the sofa, I approached Cate from her behind, who was waiting for me with her phone in her hands. I leaned over and kissed her left cheek, "Are we really sure about this?"

Unsurprised by my presence, she hummed with my question, "Yup. It's the plan, Darling," Cate replied as she suspiciously turned off her phone immediately. Whatever she was hiding, she stood up with a smirk on her face. 

I walk over to her with a questionable look, "I don't know if I'm gonna trust that smile... but really? Too late to take my 'yes' back?"

Cate laughed at me as she shook her head, "Too late, Sweetie, too late." She replied as we both walked to the door. 

I sighed in surrender as I checked Cate's look for today. I just noticed that she didn't put on some makeup at all. In her comfortable outfit, she only wears this simple navy blue jumpsuit and just her favorite white sneakers. I don't need to say it, but she can dress effortlessly every single time, and still, her beauty can stand out at every chance possible. And I don't think I would ever get used to this.

I end up nodding to myself as if her outfit needed my approval, "You don't look like you planned any of this."

"Oh, I did. For days, actually." Cate replied sarcastically as she locked the door and added, "Told you, you were supposed to have me all weekend."

I gave her a sad face as we walked together. Then, I replied with a pout, "And now I only have you all morning. It's that stalker's--"

"uh-ah, no more mentioning about that."

Right. "Sorry."

I heard a little chuckle as she wrapped her arms in mine, "It's okay, silly. You can have me the rest of your life."

I can't help but feel a slight blush on my cheeks. I'm totally smiling like an idiot.

My God, I'm gonna live forever.

------------------

When we reached the lobby, Cate's bodyguard and her driver were already waiting for us. I could say that it might be those two she's texting, but I don't think it's worth it for her to hide it. Yet, in the hall, Cate left me momentarily and approached them. Maybe there's a surprise?

"Let's go," She said as soon as Cate returned. She reached out her hand to me, "We're gonna take the car."

Okay, I'm wrong.