vi. Heartstopper

vi. Writing Help
Heartstopper

𓇻 Notes,Below will be help regarding how to write books set within or applyfics inspired by the Heartstopper universe, including titles, faceclaims, and more

𓇻 Notes,
Below will be help regarding how to write books set within or applyfics inspired by the Heartstopper universe, including titles, faceclaims, and more.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

   ✸ It comes down to each author's personal preference but for me, I don't feel comfortable with shipping any of the characters with any others or any that I've created for the reason that the Heartstopper universe is complete on its own and perfect in its own way. Each character has been carefully crafted and has their own love interest and I don't feel comfortable with disturbing that because they're all so perfect for each other and so carefully intertwined that's it doesn't feel right.
   ✸ That doesn't mean to say that you can't write an original or an applyfic inspired by the universe, making sure to not plagiarise of course, or that you can't write your own characters into the universe, ensuring that they aren't shipped with any others or anything else.
   ✸ Another thing to preface is that none of these characters should be sexualised. The majority of the characters themselves are minors including their actors and it is simply wrong to write sexual content about them or to sexualise these characters that are very much comfort characters for everyone.

Inclusivity. Heartstopper is an inclusive community to anyone and everyone, from people of different ethnic backgrounds or races to people with different beliefs, different genders, sexualities, and more. Any form of discrimination to anyone is not to be tolerated within the fandom or outside of it. You don't have to be of a particular group to write for a different one, as long as you do your research and are well educated whether that be about a different ethnicity and the foods they may eat or about a different religion for their festivals and traditions or about a different sexuality, there are thousands of websites with information online to help you educate yourself. Just don't write about someone without adequate knowledge, it is disrespectful and rude to see their traditions and more being butchered because someone couldn't be bothered to put in the work to do some extra research.

Mental health.    This is a key topic throughout the comics and the novels so it's important to ensure that you have done your research. No two people are the same or experience the same things, so the way they react and cope with their mental health will differ. It's important to ensure that when writing a character, you don't overload them with mental health problems and you demonstrate the reality of what it's like to live with them. It's also important to make sure that no one's mental health problems are romanticised.
Alice Oseman perfectly described Charlie's eating disorder (anorexia) as well as his OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), anxiety and depression all while showing his highs and lows as well as the importance of a support system. They also did the same for many other characters across the universe, showcasing the differences in personalities and the way they deal with things such as the differences between Charlie and Tori's depression and the way it was approached. Although they're siblings, they've both had different experiences and deal with it differently so it's important to remember to do your research and to know your characters before approaching something like this. If you don't have sufficient knowledge about the certain topic you'd like to write about or don't feel comfortable to describe it, don't include it.

Titles.   Heartlines. The Adventures of __ and __. Love Story. Stupid Cupid. Honeymoon Avenue. Mr Loverman. Moon & Back. Mood Ring. Rollercoaster. Evergreen. Heartbreaker. Honey Girl. Valentine. Lovesick. P.S. I Love You.

Faceclaims. Vince Mattis, Isabella Ferreira, Park Ji-Hu, Karan Brar, Sadie Sink, Malina Weissman, Paulina Alexis, Aubrey Joseph, Sophia Lillis, Jake T. Austin, Sofia Bryant, Saylor Bell, Owen Joyner, Lachlan Watson, Amandla Stenberg, Lance Lim, Anna Cathcart, Zoe Colletti, Keiynan Lonsdale, Madison Reyes, Elaiza Ikeda, Adrian Lyles, Ciara Riley Wilson, Maxence Danet-Fauvel, Bridgette Lundy-Paine, Noah Schnapp.

Tropes.  Best friends to lovers, You were right there all along, Love at First Sight, Pen Pals, Anonymous Lover/Love Letters, Meet-cute, Didn't see this coming but now that you're here I can't imagine anyone else, Soulmates/Twin Flames, I hate everyone but you, Hold me close & don't let me go, Second Chance Lovers, Lost contact, You're my Home, Grumpy x Sunshine/Black cat x Golden retriever, Fake Dating, and more.

Heartstopper universe. Do not steal. If you'd like to use, message me first.
Hating game.   Two new additions to the friend group and they can't seem to get along. Is there more than meets the eye? There always was a thin line between love and hate.
Love notes.   The new student to the school quickly befriends the lovely group and suddenly starts receiving anonymous love letters in their locker. Will they figure out who it is?
Pen pals.   The two schools decide to take part in a pen pal scheme in their French classes. No one seems too thrilled at first but learning French has never looked so tempting when you're slowly falling in love.
Fake dating.   With nearly everyone paired off in the group, with only one person left, they resort to the only option they have left, fake dating an enemy?

Heartstopper inspired. Do not steal. If you'd like to use, message me first.
Rival schools.   The top athletes from the two rival schools meet up annually to compete in a sports day. This year, it's their last before they go off into their future paths. Will they put aside petty rivalries and ditch the sports for the chance of love?
Paris Trip.  A school trip to one of the most romantic cities in the world, will love blossom between them?
Horror.  Ditching the sports day with the group had seemed like a fun idea at first, but getting trapped inside the school was not.
Battle of the bands.  School of rock and Heartstopper inspired, two bands from competing schools make it to the final round, but then someone sabotages the rival school and it seems like all is lost. Will they figure out who's behind it and join forces to win?

   ✸ There are probably more topics that I've forgotten to talk about so if anyone has any questions, they're more than welcome to ask.
   ✸ For the topic of characterisation, I feel like anyone who's read the comics or any of the books, or even seen the show, then they're more than well equipped to write a book based around or in the Heartstopper universe. There isn't much that can go wrong there in terms of that and most people within the fandom understand and have a good idea about each character but again, you're welcome to ask any questions.
   ✸ As always, plagiarism is not tolerated. Don't steal any plots, any ideas, any graphics, copy anyone's works, etc. Just don't do it.