vii. Applyfics

vii. Writing Help
Applyfics

𓇻 Notes,Below will be an explanation on what an applyfic is, a list of overused plots, ways to make your applyfic more attractive & interesting for readers to apply to as well as help with forms, faceclaims, and more

𓇻 Notes,
Below will be an explanation on what an applyfic is, a list of overused plots, ways to make your applyfic more attractive & interesting for readers to apply to as well as help with forms, faceclaims, and more.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Applyfics.   A book where the cast is yet to be determined. Readers can apply with forms by creating their own character(s) to be a part of the cast which will be chosen by the author.

Overused plots.
   ✸ Thriller/horror applyfics inspired by Scream/Fear Street/I Know What You Did Last Summer/Cabin In The Woods/One Of Us Is Lying/etc.
   ✸ Summer applyfics where a new group of kids are inserted into the plot of Outer Banks or The Summer I Turned Pretty.
✸ Not a plot but just the title 'Cruel Summer'. Not to have a go at anyone but I've just seen it a lot in applyfics and I don't know why. You're more than welcome to use it but it's just an observation.

✸ The first comes the title and cover. That's what everyone looks at to judge whether they should click on the book or not. Most people, including myself, don't really read the book description too often unless there's something that needs clarification that you can't really get from the title or the tags. So you need to make it look nice but you can't give away too much information in the book description that would give too much away or mean that someone clicks off your story.
✸ You want a nice layout, something that make the story easy to read, avoids too much scrolling or too many difficult or off putting fonts. Something that's aesthetically pleasing, although that always depends on the individual's preference. For an applyfic especially, you need everything clearly laid out, it can't be too complicated. The reader needs to know where the rules are, where the form is, where to apply, a section or a chapter on your character so they can write their forms, etc.
✸ Punctuation, grammar, and spelling are a must! It's one of my pet peeves and will make me click off a story in a second. Make sure your writing has all of these things! I understand not wanting to use capital letters for aesthetic purposes but if you aren't using them, don't use them for only the character's surname and not their first name or for the rest of the text, it's just lazy writing. If you're not going to, don't use it throughout. And please double check and read through your writing before posting, I promise it makes a world of difference.

Slots. You can choose to use slots if you're looking for specific characters or specific personalities, such as the use of stereotype/title slots and including a section of your form for slots. The only thing I'd advise is that you do describe each slot but you don't go into too much detail, such as the gender, what you'd like them to look like, what their reactions to something may be, etc. The point of an applyfic is for users to create their own characters, this ruins the point of that if you've got strict guidelines, and you might as well write and original book.