Chapter 10 - Family Troubles

Chapter Ten

Isla had never heard anyone sound so angry in her entire life. When Martina rushed down the hall to see what was going on, Isla moved, too. She followed without even thinking about it, and came to the top of the stairs when Martina arrived at the bottom.

Sam wasn't down there, but the other two manservants were, along with another young man with soft brunet hair cut short. He was slim, but wearing casual jeans and plaid button down over a white t-shirt. He was speaking to another man with long-ish blond hair, who looked incredibly angry and impatient in that moment.

Isla's luggage was on the floor. It must have been dropped at some point because one of her cases had broken open, and to her mortification, her underwear had spilled out.

Martina rushed to it, collecting Isla's undergarments and stuffing them quickly and efficiently into Isla's bags. "He's not here. You should wait for him politely if you want to speak with him instead of knocking things out of people's hands."

"I asked where Arturo was, not for your opinion."

The other maid was nowhere to be seen, which was probably a good thing, considering the angry blond who stood in the foyer, his arms crossed, glaring at the staff like they were his absolute worst enemies.

That was why Isla was frozen where she was. She'd followed Martina without thinking, wanting to make sure the older woman wasn't about to run off into a robbery attempt or something, but now that she was here, her embarrassment kept her in place. This man wasn't a burglar, clearly. He was well dressed, on a first name basis with Arturo, and speaking to the staff in a way that suggested he was above them. Or at least felt that he was.

Martina didn't demand the blond haired man leave, but neither did she make him welcome either.

Who was he?

The man kicked Isla's bag with the tip of his foot. "Who does this belong to?"

"Not to Angelica. Will you please stop that?"

"Who does it belong to?" The blond asked again, a glint of impatience, and anger, in his eyes when he spoke through his teeth.

"That's mine," Isla said, kind of pissed herself as she finally found her spine and rushed down the stairs. "Stop kicking my things."

The blond frowned at her and stepped back as she got up into his face.

The younger brunet standing next to him backed off, his eyes wide.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Isla snapped. "You can't just stomp into places and kick around people's stuff!"

The blond grinned. "What? Are you serious? Who the hell are you?"

"That's not your fucking business." Yeah, she was kind of angry now. Or, maybe a lot angry. If any of her jewellery kits had been inside, she would have been majorly pissed off if they'd popped open and beads and whatnot had spilled all over the floor. Her panties and a bra were all bad enough. Not to mention his treatment of the staff was pretty bad in the ten seconds she'd been around him. "Who the hell do you think you are?"