Chapter Thirty-Five - A Couple of Firsts

Chapter Thirty-Five

Isla let Arturo lead her back to his bedroom. She'd already been in there before, so it wasn't like she had to worry that he would turn the key and open the door to reveal a personalized dungeon or anything like that.

She had nothing against people who liked that kind of sex, but Isla was also not afraid to admit that anything more than a blind fold and maybe being tied up a little bit, scared the baby Jesus out of her. That stuff was fun in all the romance novels she read, and more power to Anastasia Steele for sticking it out, but for her? No thanks.

So she was more than a little thrilled and eager to find out what Arturo had in store for her.

He was still holding onto her hand, pulling her forward like a kid eager to show a friend the cool thing he'd just found. His touch was warm and his grip was tight without making Isla feel trapped. She probably wouldn't mind feeling a little trapped by him.

It was weird how much she already trusted him. At least when it came to things like sex and his business practices. Apparently, having dinner with the parents was a little more impressive than Isla had ever given it credit for. Which was also when she'd realized that Arturo was only the second boyfriend she'd ever had who had dinner with her parents, and with a start, she also realized that he was the first non-boyfriend she'd ever had who had dinner with her parents, who she also called a boyfriend.

At least inside of her own head.

She was starting to think too much into this. Way too much, and her heart was pounding like it was dying to break out of her chest.

Arturo looked behind himself from time to time, as though making sure that Isla was still with him, despite holding onto her hand. His thumb even slide over the skin of her fingers before he smiled at her, and that made the flutter worse.

"You look nervous," he said with a laugh.

She shook her head. "I'm just wondering what you're on that you need sex again so soon after an orgasm."

"Not on anything, but it is one of the few blessings I've been given from the good Lord, instead of just coattail riding my father."

Isla had to suppress a laugh, but she still huffed and shook her head in amusement.

"Whatever Calendri. You're so full of yourself."

But even as she said it, Isla was already feeling like she could have another go.

And of course, he had a quick comeback for her. "I know someone else who is also about to be full of me."

He had that same, stupid, sexy, seductive smirk on his face that he always had whenever he said something cute or smart. He barely even glanced back at her when those words left his mouth. Isla's face flamed up like there was a small fire happening under her skin. Why was she blushing? He had been inside of her, multiple times already. What was there to be embarrassed about?

Either way, she was so flustered by his words that she actually had nothing else to say to him as he led her to his room.

She was shocked when, as they entered his room, he completely walked past the bed. He didn't even look at it, though Isla couldn't help herself. She'd been in it once before, and therefore knew firsthand how comfortable it was to taken when on it, but Arturo kept a firm grip on Isla'd hand, and he pushed open another door.

The door to a very large, very polished looking bathroom. There were only two dimmed lights on when Arturo opened the door, but even before he flipped the multiple switches, lighting the place up from every angle, Isla could tell that it was almost made of money in here.