Chapter 43

Crystal's pov

Just a few hours back, I was happy and was dreaming about my new life and now all of a sudden I feel like crying, all thanks to my father.

A few months back, my excuse of a father wanted nothing to do with me but now all of a sudden he is back and want me to give my granny's apartment to him.

The good thing is that he is in prison so he won't be able to harm me but the bad thing is, Kate. As much as I know Kate, I know she won't let this go easily. She will definitely do something to create problems for me.

Sighs.

How I wish I could erase some people's memories from my life but I know that's not possible.

Shaking my head at that I decided to sleep for sometime as my head was aching badly.

*Few hours later*

I woke up feeling someone caressing my cheeks lovingly. I smiled knowing exactly who is that person.

I slowly opened my eyes to see that Dante was sitting beside me and was caressing my cheeks softly.

"Hey" I said and blushed when he suddenly leaned towards me and kissed my forehead.

"How are you feeling now?" He asked taking my hand, helping me to sit straight.

"Much better" I smiled and pecked his cheek softly to which he passed me a smile and caressed my hairs a little.

His smile.

I looked at him lovingly when I remembered him taking stand for me against my father. He has always been like that. He always protects me from others.

Dante is the best thing happened to me. I'll always be grateful to him for coming in my life.

I still remember when I first saw him at the altar, I was mesmerized by his looks. He was looking like the most beautiful creation of the world and no doubt he is. He is the most handsome man of this world. And the best part is that he is all mine.

Just mine.

And his family too. They all are such sweethearts. Ever since I have been living here, not for once Dante or his family made me feel unwanted. They all welcomed me with open arms.

After granny's death, I never thought that I'll have my own family but thanks to Dante, now I have. And they all love me and care for me just like my granny used to do.

Now I can happily and proudly say that I have the world's best husband and family and I'll always grateful for this. I will never ever take them for granted. I promise to myself.

"Crystal? Crystal?" Dante suddenly clicked his fingers in front of me to which I looked at him.

"Where were you lost? I called your name so many times" He said to which I shook my head.

"Nowhere. Sorry" I said slowly.

"Were you thinking about today's incident?" He asked to which I immediately shook my head.

"No, I wasn't. I was thinking about something else" I said with a smile to which he nodded.

"Okay, so are you hungry?" He asked and at the same time my stomach growled in hunger to which he chuckled.

"I guess I got my answer. You go and get fresh, I'll get you some salads" He said to which I frowned.

"Why salads? Now I'm fine" I whined to which he showed me his tongue and left the room.

Idiot.

I huffed in annoyance and got off the bed and walked towards the washroom.

Once I was done with my business I came out of the washroom only to see Dante was sitting in the couch with.. um pizza boxes?