18- Let's Disappoint Each Other

DAGON

"Harder" I state. These men are playing. If we are attacked right now, I bet they can't even defend us. When it's time to train they start slacking, all they want to do is blood and women.

"Dagon, they've been training for twenty hours, give them a break"

"Shouldn't you be training?" I question Erix and he shuts up.

"I feel bad for anyone who crosses you" Nikola mutters. Just great. Why are they here? Erix and Nikola.

"Are you suddenly bored of playing throne that you decided to come down to the training grounds?"

"Alma was right." He laughs. I glare at him.

"Right, about what?" I demand.

"Don't tell me you're like this because of Daphne"

Yes, I'm irked by her sudden change in behavior but it's not about her. It can't be.

"Look at you-"

"Look, I'm kinda busy so..." I trail off.

"Erix, tell them all to stop training and rest. I need to have a chat with my little brother"

I sigh deeply.

When everyone leaves, he proceeds to speak.

"What happened?"

She...changed. And it might be my fault. I can't believe I care! Actually, I don't.

"What happened to who?"

He gives me an unimpressed look and I roll my eyes.

"I gave her a gift and she rejected it" I say even though I know it's not the reason.

"What did you tell her?"

"Why do you think it's my fault?" I quiz.

"Because I know you."

Of course.

"I didn't mean it like that...it's just Daphne seems uncomplicated. You on the other hand are complicated"

Uncomplicated?? Daphne? She thinks she'll die because of a dream and he calls that uncomplicated.

"This chat was fun but I have things to do, I need to help her find her parents and then I'll take her back to the human realm" I mutter.

He chuckles and shakes his head. Why is he laughing? I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything funny.

"The way you said take her back has convinced me that you do in fact feel something for that girl"

He's delusional.

"That is funny" I chuckle.

"What are you so afraid of? Falling in love?"

Love??

"That word is irrelevant to me" I state, standing up.

"Sit back down and quit behaving like that. You love Kaida as if she were your daughter so don't tell me the word is irrelevant."

I clench my jaw.

"Dagon. Sit."

I sit down begrudgingly. He uses his age to bully me. It's not fair.

CASPIAN

"How many deaths?" I question through clenched teeth.

"Thirty"

"Forty" I correct. Reeve was murdered by Dagon and the other nine were killed by his guards on the night we planned to kidnap Daphne. A plan that shouldn't have failed. Now, thirty more wolves are dead. The cause of death is unknown.

"It's too late" Father states. His face mirrors one of defeat.

"What do you mean?" I ask

"The prophecy has been broken"

My eyes widen. No.

"But...no..."

"According to the prophecy you had to mate with the Amaris girl on the night of the blood moon but...Dagon must have slept with her and broken the prophecy if our kind are dying mysteriously"

No...shit! I have failed yet again. For two months...she has been living with Dagon for almost two months and I haven't been able to even get her back once. The plan I made flopped and now...

No. The blood moon is only a month away, I can still do something. If the prophecy was really broken, we would all be dead but only a few died which means... perhaps...

"Father, only a few died. There's still hope...Dagon must have kissed her or drank her blood threatening the prophecy but it's not completely broken because she's still pure...We can get her back"

"Caspian, our attempt failed. The vampire kingdom is heavily guarded and Dagon is a monster. He'll never leave her unguarded"

I feel my chest tighten listening to my father's hopeless words. I can't give up. Not yet. I need to get that girl. Now.

I just need to think of a plan...one that involves keeping Dagon very occupied.

"Guard! Send two hundred wolves to the borders of the vampire territory and make sure they're all armed with vervain, wooden stakes, and fire! Also, Send a hundred wolves to attack them from behind... whatever happens just make sure Dagon and most of his guards are occupied."

I nod at my father, assuring him I would handle it.

I'll keep Dagon distracted at the borders, then I'll attack the palace with another troop. This is war! And I'm winning.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

One thing we must applaud is Caspian's determination 😂. I'm being sarcastic. But really, what if he succeeds this time? Who knows?

Please don't forget to vote, share, comment, and follow me here on Wattpad.

Xoxo.