22- Kiss For Kiss, Heart For Heart

DAPHNE

"Where are you taking me?" I question as Dagon pulls me outside the palace. I feel my cheeks heat up when I catch the guards staring at us.

"Are you afraid?"

I scoff.

"Never" I mutter. What does he take me for?

When we move farther away from the palace, I notice a car. I never thought they had cars or needed one because vampires have speed. Speaking of speed...damn!

I'm not a car person but...this car is gorgeous. It's black and perfect. The wheels are spectacular.

"I knew you'd like it"

Is all Dagon mutters before opening the passenger door for me. Speechless, I get in. I'm definitely sure this beast is a Bugatti.

Dagon brings the engine to life and because I'm a freak, I quickly google it and yes I was right. It's a Bugatti. Bugatti la Voiture Noire to be precise.

Wait...I come back to my senses when the car starts moving.

"Where are you taking me?" I question.

"Nowhere"

I sigh, he won't tell me. I instinctively sink into my seat and stare out the window. I didn't know they had roads, before now all I had seen were forests. My eyes flicker to the moon, oh...it's a full moon.

A memory of when I watched 'teen wolf' flashes before me. Full moons were a big deal back when I was younger, I loved to pretend I was a wolf and the moon affected me. I remember I couldn't stop drawing it.

Dagon opens the roof of the car causing the wind to embrace me. I close my eyes, feeling the wind in my hair and on my skin. I let the wind carry my heaviness and pain...I feel light and free. Almost as if my problems are nonexistent.

I notice a particular building, I'm pretty sure I've seen it thrice already. Is he just driving around in circles? And when I asked him where we were going he didn't exactly give me an answer. What is he doing?

Then it clicks. Shit. I mean I do feel better and lighter but he knew this and...and that's why he...

I fight a smile trying to form on my lips. What does this mean? I mean almost an hour ago he said and I quote 'I can't lose you'. That statement made me put down that stupid knife. And now he's taking me on a drive because I'm sad.

Not just this! In fact he has been doing things for me like saving my life and taking care of me when I was sick. Not to mention his stupid blue eyes that fascinate me and his hard chest and soft lips. Lips that I kissed. Lips that kissed me back. And kissed my head when he saved me from Caspian. Somehow, he has offered so much safety...and comfort than I have ever had in my entire life.

But what does this mean?

"What's wrong?"

"What?"

"You look disturbed"

"I am" I mutter. I want to talk about this with him but at the same time, it makes me cringe. When did I become some care-deprived person? It's embarrassing.

He brings the car to a stop.

"If this is about your memories -"

"It's not about my stupid memories!" I yell. I yelled. Shit. What is wrong with me? I expect him to look unimpressed or surprised but he looks neutral.

"Why aren't you mad I yelled, you idiot?" I grip the ends of my hair.

"When I brought Kaida here for the first time, she yelled a lot"

Oh...so I'm acting like a kid?! I open the car door and climb out, I need air. I hear him open and shut his door. I keep my back turned to him because I need to say what I want to say.

"You want to know why I'm mad? It's because of you. You do these weird things...say weird things...and make me feel weird things."

"I mean why did you save me? Why...why did you take care of me when I was sick?! And don't you dare say you felt guilty because this matters to me because no one ever took care of me when I got sick. No one ever saved me from myself. No one ever-"

"I know. Don't you think I feel the same way?"

What? I turn to look at him.

"Daphne, I've never felt anything like you. The first time we met, you were not even scared of me. You freaking sprayed me with that hot spray thing"

"Pepper spray" we both laugh. Shit. No. I like him.

"Just, don't try to kill yourself. Ever."

"Dagon, when say these things I honestly don't know how to react."

"You don't need to do anything..." He takes long strides toward me and leans closer. I feel my heart beat faster and his lips brush mine lightly...so light it feels like I kissed a feather. Then, he wrecks my world and my lips when he cups my face and gives me the most bruising and addictive kiss.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Personally, I think their chemistry is out of this world 😂

Please don't forget to vote, share, comment, and follow me here on Wattpad.

Thank you for the reads, likes, votes, comments, and follows.

Love, your favorite author,
Rese.