23- Instant poison: CAUTION DEADLY

DAPHNE

Candles.

Loud clanging bell.

Blood.

Red moon.

My eyes fly open, and I realize I'm panting. I had the same dream again. The same frightening dream.

"It's just a dream" I mumble. I release a breath, I don't think I can fall asleep again. Checking my phone, I see it's 3 am. Well...I might as well just have ice cream.

I climb out of my bed and walk gently towards the door. I wonder if Dagon's awake. I wonder if he can hear me. Vampires hardly sleep.

I walk into the kitchen, it's dark but the light from the moon helps me see. I open the refrigerator and pull out a cup of chocolate ice cream. Kaida loves ice cream, that's why there's some in the fridge. She loves chocolate like me...so lucky me. I get to steal her ice cream.

I smile triumphantly as I pull open the lid. I dig my spoon in and take a bite, sighing at the amazing taste.

"Can't sleep?"

I almost jump. I hear him chuckle a bit at my shock. I glare at him, at least he finds this funny. I realize I'm smiling and staring at him...his blue eyes. It was only two days ago when he took me for a drive and practically admitted he was kind of attracted to me.

"You didn't answer my question" his lips say. His lips. What? No. No. No. Daphne. Control.

"I...um...I wanted ice cream"

I lie. Well, it's not technically a lie. I did want ice cream.

He casually sits across from me on a kitchen stool.

"Want one?" I ask.

It's absurd. I know. Vampires don't eat ice cream. Or anything. Because it's all tasteless. I believe the only things they can taste are blood and alcohol.

He shakes his head. He walks to the fridge and opens a small compartment. He pulls out a bottle of...blood. Hmm. He returns to his seat and takes a swig.

Suddenly, an idea comes to mind. I stand up, taking my ice cream with me. I walk towards him.

"Taste it"

He looks at me with scrutiny before actually tasting the ice cream. His face is neutral. It's tasteless. I know. But...

I pick up the bottle of blood and pour it into the ice cream.

"Now, taste it"

It might help. He stares at me with a hint of surprise and amusement in his eyes. He does as I say and tastes it. He sighs. It does taste good.

"Did you just ruin your ice cream for me?" He mutters.

Well...I wanted to share my life with him. Or at least a small part of it. Before I can process it, his hands circle my waist and pull me down on his thigh.

My breath hitches and I inhale. My hands dig into his sinfully dark hair. My eyes drop to his eyes and they're watching me. His icy blue eyes watch me...

"You are hauntingly beautiful" he murmurs.

He thinks I'm beautiful. Hauntingly so.

"Dagon..." I stop abruptly when a light but obvious pain attacks my chest. It's subtle but it's there. He notices because now he's frowning.

"What's wrong?" I hear the worry in his voice. Oh, I like it. I like him.

I cup his face and press my lips against his. He responds, his arms circle my waist and pull me closer to him. Sparks, heat, warmth... course through my veins and I moan in pleasure. I never want this to end.

************

I settle on the bench gently. I still feel it. The dull ache in my chest. I don't understand it. I don't understand why it's there. My worries float away when Dagon arrives at the training grounds. I knew he was going to watch the vampires train and also train the youngsters who recently joined the palace. That's why I'm here.

"What a sight" Alma plops down beside me. I smile softly, not trying to hide my embarrassment.

"Yeah, the sky is beautiful" I cover up foolishly and she laughs.

"Ice cream was good last night?" She asks.

My eyes widen. She knows. She saw us. Or heard us. Damn vampire hearing.

"Are you mad?" I question.

"I don't think I could ever. Pouring blood all over the ice cream meant something...it was you trying to unite two impossible things. Two impossible people."

*You made the ice cream work for him when you poured blood all over it but you couldn't eat it anymore. You're going to make yourself suffer.*

I shake my head in an attempt to get rid of the thought. That's weird. I don't know why I thought of that.

"Are you okay?"

I nod and smile at her. I am okay. I am fine.

I resume watching Dagon who is teaching a newbie how to dodge a werewolf attack. I watch his muscles flex and I sigh. I want his arms around me again. His eyes suddenly link with mine and I become breathless.

"I will take my leave now, I'm boring compared to the sight before you" Alma chuckles. I laugh softly.

"Oh, Alma, you could never bore me"

"Careful, I might just take that as a compliment"

We both chuckle.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Not Daphne being addicted to Dagon😂❤️

I enjoyed writing this chapter. I hope you all enjoyed reading it!

Please don't forget to vote, share, comment, and follow me here on Wattpad.

Thank you.
Rese

It doesn't end well...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें