PROLOGUE

"Wright, my office now," said Paige's chief editor as he walked past her desk before disappearing into his office.

Her right eye twitched in annoyance as she was just about to finish her article when her train of thoughts were interrupted. With a sigh, she stood up from her chair and made her way to his office.

"You 'Paiged' me 'Wright'?" Paige said jokingly earning a chuckle from her boss. She was curious as to why he had suddenly summoned her into his office.

"I know you are just wrapping up your article on your last assignment but I've got another one for you and it's best you get there as soon as possible," Mr Crowman answered while handing her a newspaper related to the new assignment.

"I don't understand..? Am I promoted to investigative journalist or is this a one time thing? I know others who would kill to cover this story. Besides, I usually cover topics on entertainment," She replied after skimming through the contents of the article, eyebrows furrowed in confusion when she realised she was given a big headline to cover.

"Do I really need to tell you? I just know that you are best suited for this assignment."

"If you say so. Just let me quickly wrap up the previous assignment then I can get started on this," Paige replied, holding up the newspaper and slightly waving it back and forth at the end of her sentence.

After being dismissed, she scurried her way back to her desk to complete her article. She was too preoccupied with finishing the article that she didn't noticed one of her colleagues had stopped by behind her when they approach her desk.

"Why so serious?" Her colleague whispered into her left ear.

As a result, she let out a shriek and jumped up slightly from her seat.

"You idiot! You nearly scared me to death! Now if you don't mind, kindly piss off and let me write my article in peace," Paige exclaimed.

Her colleague laughed in amusement and told her that she got frightened way too easily. She rolled her eyes and gave a sarcastic laugh in response before shooing her colleague away from her desk.

Once she was satisfied with her article, she sent the draft to her chief editor for review. Stepping out of her office building, she decided to stop at a nearby cafe to get a cup of coffee before heading home. She would definitely need as much caffeine as possible to stay awake until she reach her destination as she had been out of the house since 8am. It was already a few minutes past 7 when she looked at the time on her watch.

"What secrets are you hiding Aqua Water Works," she muttered to herself, taking a sip of her coffee while reading the article regarding the most recent civil lawsuit filed against the renowned company.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N: Hello fellow readers! I hope you will all enjoy reading this story as you embark on a bone chilling journey together with the esteemed journalist.

Also, the first chapter will be published soon!